A new love affair...

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Re: A new love affair...

Postby JimN » 21 Sep 2009, 17:59

Yes, David (post #9 above),

Classic 57 humbuckers (and twenty four frets, meaning that there is no tenon cover between the extended fretboard and the neck pickup). Ebony fretboard, Grover tuners - all the Custom appointments except for gold-plating (it's nickel-plated).

Amazingly, given my exacting requirements in the department, it was set up near-perfectly. It just needed the polepieces tweaked for balance.

Hope to try it out tomorrow night at the Billabong (which is just south of the car-park in the middle of this satellite image: http://tinyurl.com/ll9yzp).

The premises have a long history, originally being part of the basement of the Star Music Hall in Star Hill, which was later the Rochester Conservative Club. It is now operated as a function room (the ex-theatre part, upstairs), with the basement bar (reached at ground level from Victoria Street) being operated as a separate music watering hole.

Best wishes,

JN
JimN

Postby David Martin » 21 Sep 2009, 19:38

David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Postby ELET » 27 Sep 2009, 17:04

What a great looking guitar! A sort of non-reverse Firebird inspired design. A bit of a change from the usual Strat/Tele/Les Paul type of guitar so popular these days, I've always liked the Gibson Firebird and have never really played a bad one. On the subject of arthriris; I find that my finger joints play up if I do a lot of string bending and have thus had to use lighter guage strings, have you had this problem?

Henry
ELET

Postby David Martin » 27 Sep 2009, 17:25

Yes... I now use 9 gauge my "rock" guitars... a real nuisance... (and the Warhawk is astoundingly well made and a real bargain, especially when compared to the Fret King Esprit 3...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Guitars and Gear