Baby Blue vs. eTap2HW

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Baby Blue vs. eTap2HW

Postby Kitaristi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 am

Hello all! What are differences between Baby Blue and eTap2HW, or is it same device in principle.
Kitaristi

Re: Baby Blue vs. eTap2HW

Postby GuitarPhil » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi Teijo

The main difference between the Baby Blue and the older eTap2HW (black) pedal by Stanley FX is that the Baby Blue has an improved 4-JFET valve-emulating preamp compared to the single JFET in the eTap2HW pedal. Both pedals use the same DSP chip and the same echo effects.

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Postby Kitaristi » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

Hi! Guitarphil!
Thank's for your answer, I think I make an order, maybe it is suitable for me. I play instrumental music like Shadows, Spotnicks and many good Finnish "rautalanka" bands such as Agents, The Quiets, The Sounds etc.
Kitaristi

Postby shadowtonio » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:56 pm

hello,
the baby blue is very good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

cheers, tonio
shadowtonio

Full Real Name: Tonio Kooijman

Postby shadowtonio » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 am

Hello Phil,

the dutch etap2HW has two Fets, see the documentation of echotapper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course this is a Kit, selling by Newtone/Holland
Its very good--------------see the pic-------------------

Stanley
=======
The first Stanley etap had only one Fet, so i have heard, but there is now the Baby Blue of Stanley and its not very expensive I think.
New buyers, take that pedal.............surprising good

cheers, tonio :D
Attachments
E-tap-HW-Kl.jpg
(65.3 KiB) Downloaded 13057 times
shadowtonio

Full Real Name: Tonio Kooijman

Postby GuitarPhil » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:02 pm

shadowtonio wrote:Hello Phil,

the dutch etap2HW has two Fets, see the documentation of echotapper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,of course this is a Kit, selling by Newtone/Holland

Stanley
=======
The first Stanley etap had only one Fet, so i have heard, but there is now the Baby Blue of Stanley and its not very expensive I think.

Hi Tonio,

The eTap2HW has duplicate Left and Right inputs with one FET in each. These drive the left and right inputs of the FV-1 DSP chip. Piet designed the circuit to have two identical audio paths to aid a builder if troubleshooting. In practice, IIRC, the input jack is connected to both left and right audio channels in parallel so there is only a single FET in the preamp.

The Baby Blue (and the Blue Nebula) is a completely different preamp with four JFETS.

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Postby Echotapper » Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 am

shadowtonio wrote:Hello Phil,

Stanley
=======

Tonio,

The information provided is correct! However, it should be known that my ɘTap2ʰʷ was used as a reference while the H&C came to life. This H&C product is also based on also a single FET construct and does not offer the extended FET working-range of the Stanley products who are regarded by me as best-in-class. Regards Piet
Echotapper

Return to eTap2HW Forum