Amplifiers...

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Amplifiers...

Postby bazmusicman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi Kieth,
Yes I remember that mix up, I have the number 6 plaque on mine. If you remember I queried it at the time about two Limited Amps with number 6's.
You should take that off your wall and send it to me immediately!! Ha Ha!!

Best regards,
Baz.
bazmusicman

Full Real Name: barry palmer

Postby hansaustria » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:51 pm

It is now 14 days ago. A friend kept an eye out for a great sounding AC 30 from Korg - no vintage amp.
We went into a very large music store in Germany. We tested all available new VOX amps through, sorry
but we did not find a satisfactory sounding amp. We tested approx. 8 amps from Korg (Greenbacks
/ Alnico Blue) - we were not satisfied with the sound.

All amps were from the Custom classic series and from the new AC30C2-BL series. We did not try out the
hand wired amp series because the amps were not available to that time.

At home he put his guitar ( MM Silho ) in my JMI 30/6 and VOX TB 69 / TB and we were both knocked down.
O ... what a richful sound in comparison to that we have heard 3 hours before.
Our ears has just set the vintageton we're looking for!! That`s is it ( IMHO ) !!

Ultimately he bought a 1993 Fender Twin Reverb ( reissue ) for a good price ( € 1000.-) . The sound was really
far better than the sound of all the newer VOX amps we have tested in AB comparison.

Hans
hansaustria

Full Real Name: Johann Wolfgang Schmotz

Postby Terry B » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Approximation is all you're ever going to get - unless you have a time machine and can go back and bring a brand new '59 Fiesta Red Strat, Meazzi, Vox AC15/30 and a set of Rotosound strings back with you to the 21st Century! Get used to it! My '63 Strat through my '62 Vox AC30 sounds close, but even they don't sound the same as they did when hot off the production line in '63 - believe me I know - I've got the recordings to prove it!
Terry B
Terry B

Full Real Name: Terry Broughton

Postby Poggle » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:25 pm

I have a Fender Mustang 1 that I have managed to get "close" to a Shads sound. I have upgraded my Squier Affinitys pickups with Trev Wilkinson ones. I am thinking about getting a Vox amp, maybe the Voz VT80 Valvetronix..........Anyone care to be gentle with me and talk me through this Amp?

John
Poggle

Postby Alexis Lambert » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:07 am

Any recommended battery travel amps?
Alexis Lambert

Postby Hank2k » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:33 am

Alexis Lambert wrote:Any recommended battery travel amps?

Vox Mini 3 ;-)
Hank2k

Postby Tigerdaisy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:36 am

hansaustria wrote:It is now 14 days ago. A friend kept an eye out for a great sounding AC 30 from Korg - no vintage amp.
We went into a very large music store in Germany. We tested all available new VOX amps through, sorry
but we did not find a satisfactory sounding amp. We tested approx. 8 amps from Korg (Greenbacks
/ Alnico Blue) - we were not satisfied with the sound.

All amps were from the Custom classic series and from the new AC30C2-BL series. We did not try out the
hand wired amp series because the amps were not available to that time.

At home he put his guitar ( MM Silho ) in my JMI 30/6 and VOX TB 69 / TB and we were both knocked down.
O ... what a richful sound in comparison to that we have heard 3 hours before.
Our ears has just set the vintageton we're looking for!! That`s is it ( IMHO ) !!

Ultimately he bought a 1993 Fender Twin Reverb ( reissue ) for a good price ( € 1000.-) . The sound was really
far better than the sound of all the newer VOX amps we have tested in AB comparison.

Hans

Hmmm, there are so many factors that determine how you hear sound that are removed from the actual sound source itself, like the environment, your own mood and state of mind, your own subconscious agenda... It partially explains why we hear the 'same' sounds differently day to day.
Tigerdaisy

Full Real Name: Martin Kay

Postby pp.sounddesign » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:26 pm

Dear guitar players, does anyone have the Gemini 3 pedal (or schematic) for sale? I would be happy to receive an answer. Best regards, Peter
pp.sounddesign

Full Real Name: Peter Pisniak

Postby pp.sounddesign » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:28 pm

Dear guitar players, does anyone have the Gemini 3 pedal (or schematic) for sale? I would be happy to receive an answer. Best regards, Peter
pp.sounddesign

Full Real Name: Peter Pisniak

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"