Shadows Guitar Club East Yorks Gala

Welcome to the East Yorks message board. You are most welcome to come along to our club meeting once a month please bring your Guitar nothing else needed.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, old romantic

Shadows Guitar Club East Yorks Gala

Postby old romantic » Tue May 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Just a reminder that the Gala takes place on the 22nd and 23rd May at the Scarborough Rugby Club on Scalby Road.
YO13 ONL. There will be six bands playing including the newly reformed Legend, Fentone Four, Jigsaw ,Shadows Music ,
Gee Whizz and Shazam featuring Alan Jones on bass.
Another special guest will be Roger Allcock who will be demonstrating tracks from his latest c.d.
There is a licensed bar and hot and cold food available both days. Plenty of time for players to play to backing tracks or with a live band. Saturday 12 noon to 5.30 Sunday 10.30 until 4.30.
Tickets for the weekend £10 or £6 per day, available on the door. Plenty of car parking spaces free!!
Access on the Saturday will be from 11 am only due to the availability of the room.
Any further information needed please give either Ian or I a ring on 01723 366811.
Cheers Linda.
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Re: Shadows Guitar Club East Yorks Gala2016

Postby art » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:24 am

Hi linda ,I know I'm a bit early, but could you let me know when the above is to be held? Secondly where does everyone stay!? Art : :?:
art

Full Real Name: arthur Hayes

Re: Shadows Guitar Club East Yorks Gala

Postby old romantic » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi Arthur,
The Gala this year is in July on the 2nd 3rd July. We have it at the Rugby Club on Scalby Road. Most people stay at the Ryndle Court Hotel in Scarborough on Northstead Manor Drive. My home phone number is 01723 366811. You can always give us a ring and we can let you know all the details. Hope this helps.
Kind regards Linda
old romantic

Full Real Name: linda harper

Postby jetcross » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:23 pm

East Yorks. Gala ... Scarborough Rugby Club ... July 2nd. /3rd. 2016.
There's a cricket gala the same w/end so if you're coming you'll need to book your hotel soon.
jetcross

Full Real Name: Ian Cross

Postby rogera » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:06 am

Four of from the Southwest are already booked and looking forward to the Gala, and hotel rooms are in demand for that weekend as Ian mentioned.
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Postby barryg » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:46 pm

There are quite a lot of videos of the bands that performed at the Shadows Gala 2017 on Youtube. Phil McGarrick has uploaded some of The Ryders and Lenny Clerwall and I have one at the end of Show with Ian Harper thanking the bands and members and helpers for a great show. There are lots of familiar faces to be seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GWOfvzzZI&t=2s

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Return to East Yorks