Maroc 7 questions

The Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity by former members of this community

Re: Maroc 7 questions

Postby Moderne » 08 Aug 2021, 03:35

The Shadows' Maroc 7 promo film was on a video of Hank/Shadows clips which I bought about 25 years ago - so I presume it is known about by 'hardcore' (to use Hank's own word!) fans. There's only a tiny number of people who are interested in anything to do with The Shadows after the Jet/Tony era; I'm amazed that Dusty Tapes thought it was economically worthwhile to compile and release the recent Cliff and Hank Live on TV in the late '60s CDs.
Moderne

Postby drakula63 » 08 Aug 2021, 09:43

Moderne wrote:There's only a tiny number of people who are interested in anything to do with The Shadows after the Jet/Tony era;

I'm not sure that's true!
drakula63

Postby Iain Purdon » 09 Aug 2021, 23:47

Moderne wrote:There's only a tiny number of people who are interested in anything to do with The Shadows after the Jet/Tony era;

Count me in that tiny number then. By the time I discovered The Shadows, Tony and Jet had already left.
Iain Purdon
site organiser
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Postby iefje » 10 Aug 2021, 08:31

I also like the post Jet/Tony periods. I think all periods of The Shadows' career had good and less than good tracks.
iefje

Previous

Return to The Main Board