"The Shadows: live at the BBC": CD Replacement programme

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: "The Shadows: live at the BBC": CD Replacement programme

Postby anniv 63 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:06 am

Certainly no e mail confirmation from Warner yet. My claim/photo went in Monday past.
Will wait with patience.

Mike
anniv 63

Full Real Name: mj shiach

Postby JimN » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:28 am

dave robinson wrote:Well it’s been five days now and I’m yet to get an acknowledgement, we wait .... 8-)

The system seems to be that you get an email after your new CD has been dispatched.

There is no separate acknowledgement of your own original email to Warner Music.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby bgohara » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:26 pm

I didn't get an email at all - but the replacement CDs arrived ok
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby davejriley » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi

My replacement CD arrived a couple of days ago - thanks to Iain and Warner Bros.

Three questions arise -

1. Apache is noted as from Saturday Club Nov 1973. Wikipedia ( sorry) states that it came off air Jan 1969
2. I cant hear Bruce on Jungle Jam so - did he actually play on it and how much of the LP Rockin' With Curly Leads didi he play on.
3. The sound quality of arhythm guitar, which I assume is Bruce on acoustic, is poor on Turn Around... Is it just my copy?

Thanks again

Dave
davejriley

Postby iefje » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:06 pm

davejriley wrote:Hi

My replacement CD arrived a couple of days ago - thanks to Iain and Warner Bros.

Three questions arise -

1. Apache is noted as from Saturday Club Nov 1973. Wikipedia ( sorry) states that it came off air Jan 1969
2. I cant hear Bruce on Jungle Jam so - did he actually play on it and how much of the LP Rockin' With Curly Leads didi he play on.
3. The sound quality of arhythm guitar, which I assume is Bruce on acoustic, is poor on Turn Around... Is it just my copy?

Thanks again

Dave

1. The date for "Apache" of November 1973 is correct. I cannot find anything on Wikipedia about a Shadows-live-at-the-BBC recording of "Apache" from January, 1969. Where did you find it?
2. Bruce does play on "Jungle Jam". He plays the riff on electric guitar which Mo Foster plays on bass guitar. The only track from the "Rockin' With Curly Leads" album Bruce doesn't play on is "Years Away", where the acoustic rhythm guitar is played by John Farrar.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby davejriley » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:00 am

Hi

No - I meant that Wikipedia states that Saturday Club came off air in Jan 1969 so either Apache was recorded before that date or for another show in 1973

Dave
davejriley

Postby iefje » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:46 am

davejriley wrote:Hi

No - I meant that Wikipedia states that Saturday Club came off air in Jan 1969 so either Apache was recorded before that date or for another show in 1973

Dave

Ah right. The version of "Apache" on the "Live At The BBC" album was recorded on November 28th, 1973 and was broadcasted on the "Top Gear" radio show.
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby bob t » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 am

What is the average timeline on the replacement.?
I sent my email on the 11th June but not heard anything yet

Bob
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby Keith Bateman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 am

I'm still waiting too....
Keith Bateman

Full Real Name: Keith Bateman

Postby Iain Purdon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:58 pm

Iain Purdon wrote:I have heard today from Warner

Hi Iain, we’ve had a lot of requests so far for replacement copies. We aim to process as fast as we can, but because this is a manual process, please be aware that it may take time to get through everyone.
Would it be worth posting on your website sometime soon to let fans know their patience would be appreciated?

I pass this on to keep you informed. I am reassured that the process is indeed underway and that the email address works.

When my own replacement arrives, I'll look to see how it can be visually distinguished from the faulty original!

Cheers - Iain

I thought I’d repost this for those who are still waiting. I am also still waiting but I’m trying to cut them some slack. There is no extra department at Warner handling this, which is a one-off. It’s being dealt with ad hoc by a couple of people in the office, both of whom also have full-time jobs.
Don’t worry. If there are problems I will find out and let you know.
Hope this helps - Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows