A Stompbox loaded with eTap2hw

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

A Stompbox loaded with eTap2hw

Postby Echotapper » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:06 pm

A 'first' stompbox loaded with eTap2hw and successfully tested here last weekend here by Ton van Tergouw while I did the 'patch finding' . The unit is designed by Mick Taylor and uses a bypass foot-switch. The intention is to provide this as a kit with an option that the very small devices (SMT) are already pre-soldered. The unit will then be available through his shop in the UK. The eTap2hw software is slightly changed to assure dB's in both modes are equal. The EMU switch is not a rotary but a potentiometer controlling a PIC processor translating it to the required logical codes to switch from EMU to EMU.

As a result of the testing I have contacted the designer on two aspects: the omission of a LED to show peak and a improvement proposal on de hysteresis of the EMU switch ( assuring 5 is between 4.5 and 5.5).

In a couple of days Ton will record some demo sounds and will take it on the buhne for life performance tests.

The picture below was my first decal tryout to assure calibration was correct. After a couple of hours it was already changed to improve the readability and now I'm waiting for the hysteresis outcome before a 'final' proto decal is made so it can be taken on the road.

Piet

Echotapper

Re: A Stompbox loaded with eTap2hw

Postby Twang46 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:30 am

Very, very interesting Piet. 8-)

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Re: A Stompbox loaded with eTap2hw

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:58 pm

Nice one Piet interesting...
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash