Status eTap2hw project

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Status eTap2hw project

Postby Echotapper » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm

I think it's good to inform you on the present state on my echo unit:

Firstly, as there are , in hindsight of 2012 , now 'twice my age' on eTap2hw units in use all over the world! I would like to take the opportunity here to thank you all for being part in this successful 'open source' ongoing project!

Some 'key' people , like Johan and Philip, are presently working on extending the present available eTap2hw unit with some exciting developments forthcoming soon:

Hybrid solutions (Johan and Ecca) using Meazzi type of valve circuitry included fine-tuned DSP code of my eTap2hw unit as the delay core are already demonstrated in 2012 and much more developments are expected in 2013.

Also, as a first (s)milestone in 2013, the automation is now on the doorsteps for DIY'r also. There are presently 3 different approaches available based on different LCD display and button configurations.

To support those 3 possible configurations capable to be build by a DIY'r I've developed an universal input/output shield kit ( a small printed circuit board with components you need to assemble ) that fits an Arduino computer directly making it fully compatible with the following 3 different automation configurations:

- Johan's automation with a I2C LCD display and 4 buttons, the wiring between elements is minimized here.

-Johan's automation with a parallel lCD display and 4 buttons, the wiring is with additional 6 wires due to the parallel connection to the LCD display

-Phillip's LCD with integrated 5 button and potentiometers connected to the Arduino iso the eTap2hw unit making it a full integrated solution. The software used is an extension on the software designed by Johan. The wiring is minimized also.

In all configurations pre-programmed patches and programmable patches are available.

Piet
Echotapper

Re: Status eTap2hw project

Postby panchodiaz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Thank you Piet. It seems this is going to be a interesting and busy year for DIY´s. I presume you are including precise building instructions in your blog for that hybrid unit.
Pancho
panchodiaz

Full Real Name: Francisco Diaz Paniagua

Postby Echotapper » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 pm

panchodiaz wrote:Thank you Piet. It seems this is going to be a interesting and busy year for DIY´s. I presume you are including precise building instructions in your blog for that hybrid unit.
Pancho

Pancho,
Yes it will be in the manual! It will take some time to get it DIY proof but all is moving in that direction.

Kind regards

Piet
Echotapper

Postby Kiwi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:34 am

Thanks Piet, It's a wonderful project and the automation will be an exciting extension of it. My grateful thanks to you and all those involved. Regards John.
Kiwi

Return to Other stuff...