Hi Jeanclaude21

excellent enregistrement...............Bravo :D

Dick

Box works ok for me.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Re: Sleepwalk with eTap2hw

Postby David Martin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:27 am

Un beau son, et sa musicalité excellente...

Félicitations!
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby jeanclaude21 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your comments :oops:
Regards
JC
jeanclaude21

Postby Echotapper » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:20 pm

Great playing!!!!!

BTW we could add 400€ (development/labour/profit cost they 100% avoid)to the kit so it's in the same ballpark as others?I promise to send it to a good cause like Mc Donal houses. :)

Piet ;)

P.S. Here some calculation I've published in feb 2011 in my blog to show how cost calculations are done if commercial interest (read profit) plays the prime reason in producing effect gear for this community:

As all of the activities done are based on labour of love[*1] it is therefore free stuff. Most people would conclude it’s not up to the standard compared with what you can buy. Let’s do some calculations here:

Developing the eTAP2HW module estimated cost is 300 hours [*2] development = 6000 Euro + 80 hours patch development = 6080 Euro + acquired software = 300 = 6380 Euro + required hardware 140 Euro (development board), 80 Euro programmers = 7000 Euro

When I would sell 100 units the cost per unit would be ((7000/100) +64)*3 = 402 Euro Each!! Yes the “rule of thumb” is UMC+development times 3 in the industry

When I would sell 500 units the cost per unit would become ((7000/500) +64)*3 =234 Euro.

I’ve not taken into account the enclosure pots and switches!

There is no sane commercial person in the world that would even considering taking the risk in building this and making money out of it. So it’s an unique module with extended capabilities you never can acquire through commercial channels.

My benefit in this whole is just curiosity and learning ways of achieving goals that are difficult to get like climbing a mountain. Obviously I’ve learned allot in my working life that directly affects this product.

[*1] It’s always a winter project but rain could also regarded as “project time”. The main objective is for me to investigate,learn and demonstrate it can be build.

[*2] based on eTAP2 VST metric

Piet
Echotapper

Postby roger bayliss » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 am

Piet just a simple thankyou for your efforts :clap: :thumbup:
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby David Martin » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:33 am

roger bayliss wrote:Piet just a simple thankyou for your efforts :clap: :thumbup:

Here, here!
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby shadowmaniacs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:53 am

JC said : This is especially for my French "friends" who dismiss the eTap2-hw because [color=#FF0040]they don't have enough technical skills to understand it. They discard it because it's not expensive enough ! rather appalling...[/color]

I'm a little bit surprised about such a sentence from a Fan Club manager.
It seems he's considering french Shadows fans like " idiots " about That Sound, and he's also considering nobody is able to understand anything in electronics.
He's not the only one to work on sounds and all ways are interesting to be tested.
Most of french Shadows players are doing now with VST programs and feel this is the easiest way to get That Sound, more when they're playing live.This is not the case of JC.

I dont understand too the meaning of cost allusion ?

The eTap2 is a nice way to do, we are glad to listen those who are playing with, and all the ways to be closer to the original have to be tested, but it's not really friendly to be treated so.

Michel
Bassist on french bands SHOTGUN Ltd. ( Shadows cover band ) & APOLLO 11 ( Spotnicks cover band ).
shadowmaniacs

Full Real Name: Michel HENAUX

Postby Didier » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 am

shadowmaniacs wrote:JC said : This is especially for my French "friends" who dismiss the eTap2-hw because [color=#FF0040]they don't have enough technical skills to understand it. They discard it because it's not expensive enough ! rather appalling...[/color]

I'm a little bit surprised about such a sentence from a Fan Club manager.
It seems he's considering french Shadows fans like " idiots " about That Sound, and he's also considering nobody is able to understand anything in electronics.

Don't worry Michel, it's not intended for you, but only against a few ones who dismiss anything done by others...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby GEGE » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Didier, whether some people are concerned, it would be preferable to wash our dirty linen at home.
GEGE
GEGE

Full Real Name: Tabis Gérard

Postby Stratstroker » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:49 am

Having just received my valve preamp eTap2HW from Ecca I would like to add my thanks to Piet for all his hard work developing this marvellous piece of kit, and also to Ecca for putting it in a form I can actually use. I will give some more detailed thoughts on it when I've played around with it a bit more (and put heavy strings on my CS54 Strat!)

Al :thumbup:
Stratstroker

Previous

Return to Demo Sound Files