Demos of Ecca's / Piet's Etap

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Demos of Ecca's / Piet's Etap

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks for that Bojan. I have to say that I'm knocked out with the sounds I can get with this machine. The only downside for me is that there isn't a footswitch to knock off the echo in a live situation, but I will try and live with that.

One thing is certain, it seriously compromises the more expensive kit out there at the price that it's selling. Even if you can't build it yourself, for a modest price Ecca has agreed to put them together in a nice tidy little box, I have his proto-type here and it's a great little box of tricks. It also stands it's ground sound-wise against my ESE / Atlantis / Quad GT & Magicstomp. OK some of those have other features, but if all you require are very accurate Shadows echoes, this is the only deal at the price. :thumbup:

I just want to add that when I tried it in the studio today, I used a Strat with the Ironstone pickups and it sounded just as good as the Strat with the Sliders, as it did when I tested it with my Classic Player Strat with the 57/62s fitted. happy days !
:)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby ecca » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Dave, if you want a footswitch I don't think that would be a problem.........
Do you have a footswitch with a stereo jack fitted ?
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 pm

ecca wrote:Dave, if you want a footswitch I don't think that would be a problem.........
Do you have a footswitch with a stereo jack fitted ?

Yes 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby ecca » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Good , well I need the prototype unit back to modify then..........
ecca

Postby ecca » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm

and the footswitch.......
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 am

I tried it live tonight and it does the business and sounds as good as anything I've heard, including my own rig and any of the Meazzi machines I've heard over time - trust me it sounds the dogs danglers!
On the down side it's difficult to see when trying to change the settings on a dark stage such as it was tonight, which can slow down the show a bit, but careful positioning and a light would sort that out. It's a winner for me and I confidently recommend it. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby jimuc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 pm

dave robinson wrote:I tried it live tonight and it does the business and sounds as good as anything I've heard, including my own rig and any of the Meazzi machines I've heard over time - trust me it sounds the dogs danglers!
On the down side it's difficult to see when trying to change the settings on a dark stage such as it was tonight, which can slow down the show a bit, but careful positioning and a light would sort that out. It's a winner for me and I confidently recommend it. :thumbup:

Dave
Did you say you were going to post a list ofsettings for various Shads tunes ??
I would find these most helpful
Many Thanks
JIM
Never nail a door shut that you may want to go back through
jimuc

Full Real Name: Jim Dunlop

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:57 pm

jimuc wrote:
dave robinson wrote:I tried it live tonight and it does the business and sounds as good as anything I've heard, including my own rig and any of the Meazzi machines I've heard over time - trust me it sounds the dogs danglers!

Dave
Many Thanks
JIM

Decided against it, regarding the patches for designated tunes, it's my opinion having tried it and already we have had disagreement about it - I don't need the war ta . . . . . :|
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby jimuc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:00 pm

dave robinson wrote:
jimuc wrote:

Dave
Many Thanks
JIM

Decided against it, regarding the patches for designated tunes, it's my opinion having tried it and already we have had disagreement about it - I don't need the war ta . . . . . :|

Sorry to hear that Dave :( :(
Never nail a door shut that you may want to go back through
jimuc

Full Real Name: Jim Dunlop

Postby ErikMAMS » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 am

Decided against it, regarding the patches for designated tunes, it's my opinion having tried it and already we have had disagreement about it - I don't need the war ta . . . . .

Dave - if you are pointing at me, seriously I wasn’t questioning your suggestion in any way, but sorry if it came out that way.

My main interest is the original Meazzi echoes with all their “mysteries” in relation to the original instro recordings. I was just trying to understand which exact Meazzi echo pattern was behind the settings you used for Midnight - but the issue of the yellow pot setting (which in re to the Echomatic I banks is actually a 5 pos switch) seems to me to easily cause some confusion.

May I suggested, if etap2hw kit user are going to share patch settings, to avoid confusion better refer to the yellow knob setting (in thumbwheel settings 0-4) as positions A, B, C, E and F - instead of a pot setting based on numbers/rotation.

Ecca FYI
There’s a minor error/mistake in the docx you put up earlier about the yellow pot. It rightly says the yellow pot functions as a 5 position switch – but after that layout the pot positions 0-2, 2-4 etc as a 6 position function (hence part of my confusion re Dave’s patch suggestion).

Dave, can I ask you to reconsider your decision about sharing your list of patches for Shads tunes as requested by Jim – I promise I’ll keep my mouth shut :)

Erik
ErikMAMS

PreviousNext

Return to Demo Sound Files