Demos of Ecca's / Piet's Etap

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Demos of Ecca's / Piet's Etap

Postby ecca » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Yer Erik, I'D spotted that but too late.
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:16 pm

ErikMAMS wrote:
Decided against it, regarding the patches for designated tunes, it's my opinion having tried it and already we have had disagreement about it - I don't need the war ta . . . . .

Dave - if you are pointing at me, seriously I wasn’t questioning your suggestion in any way, but sorry if it came out that way.

My main interest is the original Meazzi echoes with all their “mysteries” in relation to the original instro recordings. I was just trying to understand which exact Meazzi echo pattern was behind the settings you used for Midnight - but the issue of the yellow pot setting (which in re to the Echomatic I banks is actually a 5 pos switch) seems to me to easily cause some confusion.

May I suggested, if etap2hw kit user are going to share patch settings, to avoid confusion better refer to the yellow knob setting (in thumbwheel settings 0-4) as positions A, B, C, E and F - instead of a pot setting based on numbers/rotation.

Ecca FYI

There’s a minor error/mistake in the docx you put up earlier about the yellow pot. It rightly says the yellow pot functions as a 5 position switch – but after that layout the pot positions 0-2, 2-4 etc as a 6 position function (hence part of my confusion re Dave’s patch suggestion).

Dave, can I ask you to reconsider your decision about sharing your list of patches for Shads tunes as requested by Jim – I promise I’ll keep my mouth shut :)

Erik

Hi Erik, no problem and I will keep everyone posted. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Roger Paulsson » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm sorry, but i cant keep my mouth closed anymore.
You guys building an echobox that many of us looking for and wanna try/buy, but wanna listen to demos first.
All so called demos is played on top of the orginal shadows recordings = You hear Hank's sound on all demos.
What is the meaning with this ?. You guys think we are totaly idiots ?
Record the guitar with a backingtrack without Hank damnit.

Roger Paulsson
Roger Paulsson

Full Real Name: Roger Paulsson

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 pm

I think you miss the point Roger, yes there will be minimal overspill from any Shads track with Hank removed, however, it has often been said that Abbey Road itself contributed to the overall sound on The Shads records. If you listen to a guitar/echo over say a UB Hank BT, you'll never get it to sound right (it can sound good) because the ambience doesn't exist on these BT's as they wouldn't on yours either. No one plays like Hank, so a good ear should be able to differentiate the lead guitar sound as demonstrated to reach a reasonable conclusion on the sound.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby dave robinson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 am

Roger Paulsson wrote:I'm sorry, but i cant keep my mouth closed anymore.
You guys building an echobox that many of us looking for and wanna try/buy, but wanna listen to demos first.
All so called demos is played on top of the orginal shadows recordings = You hear Hank's sound on all demos.
What is the meaning with this ?. You guys think we are totaly idiots ?
Record the guitar with a backingtrack without Hank damnit.

Roger Paulsson

All of them Roger ? Listen again. :?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby ecca » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:29 am

My original demo was certainly Hank-free.
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:13 am

To add to the statement made by Roger P, the only track where you may hear the slightest trace of Hank's guitar is on Apache, as there was some ambient reverb left on there when Roberto gave me the tracks, but the rest of it is all my guitar And that wonderful echo from the Etap2 Eccamatic, so if it does sound like Hank' playing, thanks for the compliment, it seems the practice payed off. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Detailed Infinity » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 am

We have to be very grateful to the brilliance and generosity of Piete's actions. I've said a few times to him ever since his Etap Engineer VST was produced as Freeware that such an echo is a Godsend to this type of genre and could earn him a lot of money. That's the measure of the man which is so unique these days.

You too Eric have played a major part in realising Piet's contribution by building the unit. I say well done to you both and congratulations on a product which hasn't had the commercial boys at Zoom etc pocketing someone's goodwill.

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby scotocaster » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Tnx Dave and Ecca, for posting your findings on Piet's Etat2HW unit. I think it sounds great, All must thank Piet for all his work on designing such a super unit. Have a great day. Scott

dave robinson wrote:To add to the statement made by Roger P, the only track where you may hear the slightest trace of Hank's guitar is on Apache, as there was some ambient reverb left on there when Roberto gave me the tracks, but the rest of it is all my guitar And that wonderful echo from the Etap2 Eccamatic, so if it does sound like Hank' playing, thanks for the compliment, it seems the practice payed off. 8-)
scotocaster

Postby ecca » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 am

scotocaster wrote:Tnx Dave and Ecca, for posting your findings on Piet's Etat2HW unit. I think it sounds great, All must thank Piet for all his work on designing such a super unit. Have a great day. Scott

dave robinson wrote:To add to the statement made by Roger P, the only track where you may hear the slightest trace of Hank's guitar is on Apache, as there was some ambient reverb left on there when Roberto gave me the tracks, but the rest of it is all my guitar And that wonderful echo from the Etap2 Eccamatic, so if it does sound like Hank' playing, thanks for the compliment, it seems the practice payed off. 8-)

Etat ?
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to Demo Sound Files