Demos of Ecca's / Piet's Etap

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Demos of Ecca's / Piet's Etap

Postby scotocaster » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:49 am

oops, "Etap2HW", sorry about that Ecca, hopes it correct now lol. Have a great day. Scott

ecca wrote:
scotocaster wrote:Tnx Dave and Ecca, for posting your findings on Piet's Etat2HW unit. I think it sounds great, All must thank Piet for all his work on designing such a super unit. Have a great day. Scott

dave robinson wrote:To add to the statement made by Roger P, the only track where you may hear the slightest trace of Hank's guitar is on Apache, as there was some ambient reverb left on there when Roberto gave me the tracks, but the rest of it is all my guitar And that wonderful echo from the Etap2 Eccamatic, so if it does sound like Hank' playing, thanks for the compliment, it seems the practice payed off. 8-)

Etat ?
scotocaster

Postby apachepete » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Guys

Listening to Daves demos of the Etap,it really sounds excellent,how do we order it,I know we have to build it ourselves, but where do i get the bits.
apachepete

Full Real Name: peter donald

Postby dave robinson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 am

apachepete wrote:Hi Guys

Listening to Daves demos of the Etap,it really sounds excellent,how do we order it,I know we have to build it ourselves, but where do i get the bits.

Here

http://www.echotapper.nl/wp/
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby apachepete » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 am

Cheers Dave, Thanks for info. I can use a soldering iron on most things but that diagram looks a bit too much for me, does anybody build the unit then sell them on, or is it a really do it yourself thing.
apachepete

Full Real Name: peter donald

Postby dave robinson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:53 am

apachepete wrote:Cheers Dave, Thanks for info. I can use a soldering iron on most things but that diagram looks a bit too much for me, does anybody build the unit then sell them on, or is it a really do it yourself thing.

Have a word with Ecca, he built one for me and did a terrific job ! :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Detailed Infinity » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:47 pm

Looking into the history of the echo unit on the echotapper site, its development and evolvement into a outboard unit for live performance makes me scratch my head. I've looked at the kit make-up, the enclosure by Eric and the most important point--the sound played by a guitarist of many years experience. The sound really is remarkable which leads me to ask why are other manufactures around the world retailing this type of echo unit charging the earth for something a guy in Dutch premises can give the community for very little expense.

Piet's work will always be rememberd and appreciated for his contibution to the guitar world. Eric has been a big driver in this project and has been instrumental in putting the electronice into a cab on the stage for the likes of Robbo to demonstrate. I probably will revert in this instance to outboard echo and build one myself--no HT to worry about.

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby dave robinson » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:48 pm

top for Robson
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby ecca » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm considering making a new unit- £3000 and for that I'll paint it.
ecca

Postby bob t » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:27 pm

ecca wrote:I'm considering making a new unit- £3000 and for that I'll paint it.

Must be the best at that price, where do I order ?
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby ecca » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:05 pm

Cash only, I'll have a barrow sent.
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to Demo Sound Files