Echomatic-II Bank emu

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Echomatic-II Bank emu

Postby Echotapper » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Just some introduction to the Echomatic-II Bank emulation:

This emulation is basically an offering of 5 patches fully pre-programmed and can be used direcly assuming the dry/wet is set to your neutral position ( on '5'). Then the heads are calibrated to act as a pre-programmed patch. The way Echomatic-II is configured as per original is the first 3 heads under one control (pot0)and the 4th head under his own control(pot1). In this 'bank' emulation the first head is purposely lowered a couple of dB's as it is assumed that Hank's Echomatic-II for a couple of recordings did not produce the full output (-2dB/-3dB on the first head. A possible benefit is the slightly lower reverb content,due to the short timing, making the echo pattern standing out slightly more then the the classic emulation. I'm sure you'll find purpose in this emulator. For now I'm going back in hibernation as I'm not spoiling the quest to discover patches on eTap2hw :P

Piet
Echotapper

Re: Echomatic-II Bank emu

Postby David Martin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Piet, I'm confused... on my eTap - built by Ecca - there is only one "patch" in this position.
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Echotapper » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:28 pm

David,

By 'switching' those five positions the patch is different while the dry/wet stays positioned at the middle. The feedback is the only variable left to be controlled manually. Soon, I'm going to make a write-up on this 'under exposed' emulation so it's easier to be used and understood.

-Piet

Edited: David, would you recheck that you're on Echomatic-II Bank ? Eccamatics are starting a '0' I believe?
Echotapper

Postby David Martin » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:12 pm

Thanks Piet...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby shadowtonio » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:06 am

:) hello david,

its a very interesting item, we will wait for Piets explanation,,,,,,,,,,,,,