eTap2hw / Eccamatic settings

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

eTap2hw / Eccamatic settings

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:54 pm

eTap2hw - Eccamatic

These are some examples of settings that I have tried for various Shadows tunes, you can edit to suit your own preference. THEY ARE NOT WRITTEN IN STONE !

I am reliably informed by my friend Alan Jackson that the 'F' type Meazzi Echomatic was used until just before Wonderful Land when the Echomatic 2 appeared.
The Vox Long Tom seems to be the one that Flingel Bunt was recorded with and this works well with Shindig.
The Roland 301 was used in the late 70's/80's for the later recordings. Postion '6' is that machine, with the speed control working from the HEADS knob - from rockabilly to long smooth echoes.

......................................... PROG......... LEVEL..........DRY/WET............. HEADS........FEEDBACK

APACHE............................... 0 .................11.....................6...........................5.................1

FBI.........................................0..................11.....................6...........................5.................5

MUSTANG.............................0..................11.....................6...........................5.................5

MAN OF MYSTERY...............0..................11.....................7...........................5.................6

FRIGHTENED CITY...............0..................11.....................6...........................5.................3

MIDNIGHT.............................0...................11.....................7............................9................6

Q M S....................................0...................11.....................6............................1.................4

THE STRANGER..................0...................11.....................5............................5.................4

SHADOOGIE.........................5...................11.....................3............................5.................3

WONDERFUL LAND.............5...................11.....................5.............................7................5

KON TIKI...............................5...................11......................5............................7.................6

THE SAVAGE........................5...................11......................5............................7.................6

ATLANTIS.............................5....................11.....................5.............................7................5

PEACE PIPE........................5....................11......................5............................7.................6

COSY....................................0....................11......................6............................9.................6

FLINGEL BUNT....................4.....................11......................3............................5.................4

SHINDIG .............................4.....................11......................4............................5................ 3

FOOT TAPPER....................5......................11.....................3............................5.................3

SLEEPWALK........................5......................11.....................4...........................6.................5

RIDERS IN THE SKY...........6......................11......................5...........................4................3

DEER HUNTER...................6......................11......................7...........................6................6

ARGENTINA........................6......................11......................6...........................6.................5
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: eTap2hw / Eccamatic settings

Postby Twang46 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:06 pm

Interesting settings Dave. 8-)

Thank's for posting these.

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks for that Dave, as you say a good starting point, much appreciated. :thumbup:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby keithmantle » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Ace Dave, stops me from using the last 5 cells i have left.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:05 am

Tried some of these settings tonight, best I've heard yet and I've tried the lot ! Even normal punters who normally just listen and enjoy made comments tonight, it's turning heads.
A great deal of gratitude is owed to Piet for sharing his knowledge and allowing us to enjoy this experience, but without Ecca's skill in being able to build this for me I wouldn't have been able to use it, so the same goes for him to, thanks Ecca.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby scotocaster » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Tnx Dave, for posting those settings. Will be a great help once my kit arrives and assembled. Also thanks to Ecca for bringing this unit to my attention. Have a great day. Scott
scotocaster

Postby dave robinson » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:04 pm

scotocaster wrote:Tnx Dave, for posting those settings. Will be a great help once my kit arrives and assembled. Also thanks to Ecca for bringing this unit to my attention. Have a great day. Scott

You will love it Scott - everything else has become insignificant ! ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby David Martin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:45 am

Went back to listening to originals - amazing how what you think you know is contradicted by listening again...

Tried Robbo's settings for Wonderful Land - not keen on this tune 'cos it's been done to death... then listened to the version without strings... then went back to the eTap... and came up with this...

Prog 4

Level 11

Dry/Wet 6

Heads 7

Feedback 7

then also tried

5, 11, 4, 6, 7...

Worth engaging in very subtle in between settings of Dry/Wet and Heads...

Your comments most welcome...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby dave robinson » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:01 pm

There's a 'tap' missing on programme 4 if you want the Wonderful Land echo David - may as well use a Copicat. :roll:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby David Martin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:39 pm

Indeed.... but which machine was Hank using at this time?

I based this on how it sounds when played against the UB Hank bt in comparison to the way it sounds on the Everything of Value version with no strings...

Yer pays yer money and... ;)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Next

Return to Settings for Tunes