Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Postby Detailed Infinity » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:45 am

Hi Barry, I think your enclosure design is very retro looking--gold pin striping and logo with Piet's name there etc and in my opinion the best cab yet. The design follows the look of the original echo units and not the Zoom 2000 type 1U enclosures.

On the matter of authorship of the unit it's my opinion that Piet's name be displayed on any unit. There is a danger of the unit being cloned by the hardware manufacturers wanting this type of echo to be commercially adapted for mass public release.
Good work

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby barry72 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:20 am

HI BRIAN ,, Thanks for the Praise mate ,ERIK ,of denmark did a great job for me on the Facia panel from dimentions sent via email etc ..& yes I agree that PIET the designer of this project should be recognized & I have done this..
My add-on top Panel containing the LCD & valve controls is a recent addition [5days-ago] to accomidate the LCD &4x buttons . was the only place left to do this ,as I did not want to build another casing ..

I am a born Tinkerer & have built Johans Automation ,with his guidance [as I am not good at the DSP technology needed ]he has walked me though his Arduino set-up by many,many- emails to & from OREGON &Australia ,without his kind help i could not have done it..JOHAN ,like, PIET are Wizards at the digital DSP programming needed to design these projects .

AS i only play at home here i do not really require the Automation as the Manual controls do the job just great ,[as originally designed by PIET to keep this kit affordable & less complex],but as said i like to Tinker ,so in my Etap-2-HW I have the options all in there & can use the Automation if required & or Manual,[i tend to like Knobs HA.haar] & i have many on this unit ,as you see , adding the ''Meazzi-circuited-valve audio'' as an option has added more contols on the top cover ..

In the future the automation will be enhanced & allow more patches etc to be made available etc,etc.for those who like that.

But if one builds this Etap-2-HW kit as first concieved by PIET, I can assure that you will get all the vintage Shads sounds needed covering 95% odd of the tunes ,& the intended use was to be very similar to how HANK used those old MEAZZi's manually adjusted for the various sounds required ..& we all know the results of those day's ..,sounds we still all try to emulate ,,HA.Haar .in the Etap-2-HW one can dial-up a sound to his &or her liking as was done as said in those old MEAZZI's ..

CHEERS ,BRIAN & ALL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,BARRY from OZ..
barry72

Postby Detailed Infinity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Not to denegrate other enclosures on here, I can see how the enclosure would be seen to suit the generation of the early echoes as they looked, sat on a VOX cab top as a standalone unit and not in a 1U rack. However diffent style suite different users and that's the beauty of self build units--you're the decider of how you want to display your work.

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby dave robinson » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 am

ecca wrote:Yes that sounds better......... 350-420

Sorry Ecca - I think it should have read 280 & 420, I haven't tried it though.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby peter_nieuwenhoven » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Hello Barry,

Sorry for my late response.
In the beginning I had no upload cable.
I programmed the chip on my Arduino Uno board and then I put the chip in my automation board .
Now I tried to get my chip to upload via a USB / serial cable but I get an error: avrdude: stk500_getsync (): not in sync: resp = 0x00.
Now I have to to figure out just what is wrong.

Peter
peter_nieuwenhoven

Postby Amanda » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 pm

AlanMcKillop wrote:Why does Amanda keep deleting posts? :?

Hi Alan, To paraphrase an old hit
"It's my post and I'll delete it if I want to!"

Hows things in Bonnie Scotland?

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Bojan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Amanda wrote:

"You would delete it too if it happened to you!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby Amanda » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:37 pm

barry72 wrote:
But if one builds this Etap-2-HW kit as first concieved by PIET, I can assure that you will get all the vintage Shads sounds needed covering 95% odd of the tunes ,& the intended use was to be very similar to how HANK used those old MEAZZi's manually adjusted for the various sounds required ..& we all know the results of those day's ..,sounds we still all try to emulate ,,HA.Haar .in the Etap-2-HW one can dial-up a sound to his &or her liking as was done as said in those old MEAZZI's ..

CHEERS ,BRIAN & ALL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,BARRY from OZ..

According to both Bruce and Jet, Hank hardly touched his Meazzi's apart from a couple of settings changes here and there...
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby ecca » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Bojan wrote:
Amanda wrote:

"You would delete it too if it happened to you!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody knows where my Meazzi has gone......
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Nobody knows where my Meazzi has gone......[/quote]

The Quadraverb left the same time . . . . . . . . . :D
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

PreviousNext

Return to Building Problems? Q&A