Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Postby ErikMAMS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:59 pm

dave robinson wrote:
ErikMAMS wrote:I don't have documents to read Erik, I found that particular patch, listened and heard the same sound that I could hear on the record so I used it - I hadn't heard that patch on any of the other machines I own as it is an unusual one and it seemed to match the echo on the old Shadows recording of Midnight and felt right when I played it. if you say that it isn't correct, then don't use it, but it works for me. 8-)

Dave, the echo heard on your Midnight demo works well I agree!
It's just that the setting you refer to ("0" + Yellow=9) seems to me to be a single tap echo pattern (according to Ecca's doc earlier in the thread). What I'm hearing in your demo doesn't seem like a single tap echo. Could be it has something to do with the Yellow pots "translation" to the Meazzi selector switch it mimics. Anyway - can you confirm your Midnight setting is a multi tap pattern, or better yet - which pattern/setting it is?

Oh and - FYI I don't have the etap kit or plan to pt, just follow with interest and curious about what your Midnight echo is ;)

Erik
ErikMAMS

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:58 pm

ErikMAMS wrote:
dave robinson wrote:
ErikMAMS wrote:I don't have documents to read Erik, I found that particular patch, listened and heard the same sound that I could hear on the record so I used it - I hadn't heard that patch on any of the other machines I own as it is an unusual one and it seemed to match the echo on the old Shadows recording of Midnight and felt right when I played it. if you say that it isn't correct, then don't use it, but it works for me. 8-)

Dave, the echo heard on your Midnight demo works well I agree!
It's just that the setting you refer to ("0" + Yellow=9) seems to me to be a single tap echo pattern (according to Ecca's doc earlier in the thread). What I'm hearing in your demo doesn't seem like a single tap echo. Could be it has something to do with the Yellow pots "translation" to the Meazzi selector switch it mimics. Anyway - can you confirm your Midnight setting is a multi tap pattern, or better yet - which pattern/setting it is?

Oh and - FYI I don't have the etap kit or plan to pt, just follow with interest and curious about what your Midnight echo is ;)

Erik

I can only report my findings Erik - it's certainly the '0' setting on this machine as I described, just been playing with it again in the studio, it's a good piece of kit. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:08 pm

I think with regards to Midnight that track is subjected to heavy reverb as well as the echo used that gives it it's final character and the reverb is not any old reverb either !
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Nick Allan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi Ecca,

Tried to send a pm to you but it will not leave the outbox and I cannot see any way of "nudging" it. Anyone any ideas?

All the best,

Nick
Nick Allan

Postby ecca » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:03 pm

Nick, email me.
eccaATsky.com
ecca

Postby ecca » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Robbo just rang me.......
Him and Daniel between them have cooked up a name for the eTap echo units that I'm building.

Wait for it...........

Wait for it............

The ECCAMATIC

Whaddya think ?
ecca

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Is this gonna cost me more? :D
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby ecca » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Send me your address Al now you're back home, I'll post it off, it's been built a week.
Cheers
Ec
PS have you got a 12VDC power supply for it ?
ecca

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 pm

PM sent. :thumbup:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby kipper » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:53 pm

ecca wrote:Robbo just rang me.......
Him and Daniel between them have cooked up a name for the eTap echo units that I'm building.

Wait for it...........

Wait for it............

The ECCAMATIC

Whaddya think ?

i thought the unit already had a name etaphw vintage echo simulater., peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

PreviousNext

Return to Building Problems? Q&A