5237 WN ’s-Hertogenbosch
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)73 6111 895
Email: team@newtone-online.nl
RogerCook

Full Real Name: Roger Cook

Re: Piet's eTap2hw unit.............

Postby ErikMAMS » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:09 am

dave robinson wrote:.... I have at last found the correct echo for Midnight which is the '0' setting with LEVEL=11, RED=6 YELLOW=9 WHITE=5 - It's spot on ! Happy days . . . . . . :P

Hi Dave
If I'm reading the etap2hw documentation right that would be a single tap echo from head 6 with FB from the same - but it doesn't sound to me like that in your demo in the other thread?

Erik
ErikMAMS

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:19 am

ErikMAMS wrote:
dave robinson wrote:.... I have at last found the correct echo for Midnight which is the '0' setting with LEVEL=11, RED=6 YELLOW=9 WHITE=5 - It's spot on ! Happy days . . . . . . :P

Hi Dave
If I'm reading the etap2hw documentation right that would be a single tap echo from head 6 with FB from the same - but it doesn't sound to me like that in your demo in the other thread?

Erik

I don't have documents to read Erik, I found that particular patch, listened and heard the same sound that I could hear on the record so I used it - I hadn't heard that patch on any of the other machines I own as it is an unusual one and it seemed to match the echo on the old Shadows recording of Midnight and felt right when I played it. if you say that it isn't correct, then don't use it, but it works for me. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Echotapper » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:23 am

RogerCook wrote:You have to email Newtone. I couldn't find an ordering link :(

Newtone VOF
Maasboulevard 107
5237 WN ’s-Hertogenbosch
The Netherlands
Tel: +31 (0)73 6111 895
Email: team@newtone-online.nl

http://db.tt/zQTo5st1 is documentation they send out to enable ordering

Piet
Echotapper

Postby Echotapper » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 am

ErikMAMS wrote:

Hi Dave

Erik

Erik,
Selection '0' could be '1' pending the kind of BCD selector starting at 000 or 001, it's also possible that you're looking at outdated data...I'll check it soon. -Piet
Echotapper

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 am

I used the '0' setting as I had noticed that it was the Meazzi Echomatic 'J' bank. I found the Apache echo and then began to scroll through the remaining head options in that bank, thus coming across the one that gives the Midight sound.
Because I know that this was the machine being used at that time, it was pretty clear to my ears that this was most probably the right setting - simples ! ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby ecca » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 am

BCD switch starts at '0'.
Dave, this is just the start of things with this unit........
There is already an automation kit with LCD display so it becomes like the Q units whereby patches can be saved but this costs one and a half times the cost of the kit
in the first place. ( I might just get one.)
It would also be relatively easy to use a larger, sloping front, backlit enclosure for stage use complete with foot pedal.
All these things are possible - at a price.
Ecca
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

ecca wrote:BCD switch starts at '0'.
Dave, this is just the start of things with this unit........
There is already an automation kit with LCD display so it becomes like the Q units whereby patches can be saved but this costs one and a half times the cost of the kit
in the first place. ( I might just get one.)
It would also be relatively easy to use a larger, sloping front, backlit enclosure for stage use complete with foot pedal.
All these things are possible - at a price.
Ecca

Because the basic unit does the business then it has to be worth discussion! :)
Would you mind checking out the possibilities and work out a final price for those things you mention Ecca?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby ecca » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 pm

Certainly will Dave.......
ecca

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 pm

As Danny returned my Atlantis yesterday, I'm going into my studio to do a serious A/B test between it and the Etap - I have a feeling that the Etap will sound 99% the same. 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

PreviousNext

Return to Building Problems? Q&A