BCD switch..... more

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: BCD switch..... more

Postby ecca » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:11 am

This is brilliant stuff from Johan and Piet.
This particular PCB is on the anvil, just awaiting my latest version 16 of EasyPC to arrive from Number One Systems so that I can import Eagle files
and make it.
The enclosure is built, painted and mostly assembled.
I'm using Johan's Arduino design but will be having a 4 position joyswitch to operate the up/down/left/right controls instead of 4 switches, it seems more intuitive.
The eTap2hw and the Arduino pcbs are mounted side by side and all pots and jack sockets. I've drilled holes for 2 footswitches but they're not in yet.
Because of it's design an up/down footswitch can be used to cycle through patches which makes it a more practical proposition for stage use, it's also backlit .
I'm using the reverse engraved nameplate from the last abortive automation endeavour with a square of beautiful mahogany to hide the holes previously used where the joyswitch is mounted.
I might call it the Chippendale Eccamatic.........
ecca

Postby GuitarPhil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:55 am

Interesting stuff guys!

I've just acquired my first Arduino Uno and LCD display plus various bits and bobs and will be having a go at automating my eTap2hw. The programming 'language' is very like 'C' which I have plenty of experience with :D

I like ecca's idea of a joystick control. In fact I had been looking at one or two options on the proto-pic website.

This one's analogue with a switch when you push it in: http://proto-pic.co.uk/thumb-joystick-analogue/

This one is a five way tactile switch but it's very small: http://proto-pic.co.uk/5-way-tactile-switch/

How is Johan's software for the Arduino coming along? Is it possible to obtain a copy for experimenting with?

I'm excited - like a kid again! :geek:

Phil.
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Postby ecca » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:33 am

I looked at those types of switches but, using a technical term, they're too farty.
Mine's a man's switch , from RS.
ecca

Postby MickB » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 am

ecca wrote:I looked at those types of switches but, using a technical term, they're too farty.

Morning Ecca,whilst the unit is working fine,I am not too happy with feel of the prog selector rotary switch,feel this might fail at any time soon.Therefore could you recommend a decent thumbwheel or pushwheel switch,to use with your housing/facia which by the way is superb.People not in the know look at this and the reaction is WOW.

Regards Mike
MickB

Postby MickB » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm

MickB wrote:
ecca wrote:I looked at those types of switches but, using a technical term, they're too farty.

Morning Ecca,whilst the unit is working fine,I am not too happy with feel of the prog selector rotary switch,feel this might fail at any time soon.Therefore could you recommend a decent thumbwheel or pushwheel switch,to use with your housing/facia which by the way is superb.People not in the know look at this and the reaction is WOW.

Regards Mike

Hi ecca,still waiting for the thumbwheel switch,PM'd you with my details but no response or receipt as yet.Getting rather desperate now.Can you respond please.

Thumbwheel for valve type facia,to
Mike Black
12 Nelson Close
Brinsworth
Rotherham S60 5LN
South Yorks
Ta!
MickB

Postby ecca » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:09 pm

Posted on Friday........
ecca

Postby MickB » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:17 am

ecca wrote:Posted on Friday........

Hi ecca,which Friday would that be,not received anything as yet,and the rotary has given up the ghost.Please get back to me.
MickB

Postby ecca » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:04 am

A week last Friday.
I'll send you another.
Why do you feel the need to do this publicly and what effect do you imagine your sarcasm will have ?
ecca

Postby MickB » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:47 pm

ecca wrote:A week last Friday.
I'll send you another.
Why do you feel the need to do this publicly and what effect do you imagine your sarcasm will have ?

Hi ecca,not bein sarcastic at all,just asking a valid question.Once sure of despatch date I could then have a word at our local sorting office.
P.M.d you regarding same,not had reply hence trying on public section.No offence intended,apologies if you read it that way.Regards
MickB

Postby ecca » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:29 pm

Last message from you was March 26th telling me that you'd paid the money in and sending me your address.
Nothing since then.
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to Parts List and Where to get them...