ecca

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: ecca

Postby dave robinson » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Strummer wrote:
dave robinson wrote:Sorry Arthur, you need to put some time in. Some good advice though, if you are a home player you just won't get satisfaction from any AC30, you will never be able to drive it hard enough to reach it's potential - without blowing the windows out ! Buy an AC-4, I practice with one and it would be harder NOT to get the sound. :)

Thanks Dave, most kind of you re the advice. I do have a couple of VOX AD30 VTs? Would they be able to ""get it"?

Yes, I have one of those at it does a good early Shads tone as well as the later 'Burns' sound.

For the vintage tone you put the first control (gain) at no more than ten to the hour - bass off altogether - mid full on - treble about ten to. Use the AC15 and turn all the effects off to start with. On the Middle pickup you should hear a great Gonzales/Frightened City tone. Let me know how you get on. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Strummer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Dave,

Thanks for that I will "have a go" as soon as I can, probably over the weekend, and let you know how I get on as requested. Do you think I should use theAlesis Quadraverb GT, or, ecca's eTap, or, neither just play through the amp?

Kind regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby dave robinson » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Strummer wrote:Dave,

Thanks for that I will "have a go" as soon as I can, probably over the weekend, and let you know how I get on as requested. Do you think I should use theAlesis Quadraverb GT, or, ecca's eTap, or, neither just play through the amp?

Kind regards

Arthur

Just use your ears. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Strummer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Doh! What are they? Lol!
Strummer

Previous

Return to eTap2HW Forum