HELP!!!! eTap2hw valve automatic.....

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: HELP!!!! eTap2hw valve automatic.....

Postby Twang46 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:31 am

Might be time for Ecca to think about supplying a power supply with his units as there seems to be quite a bit of confusion about getting the correct PS to use.

That idiot in Maplins that supplied the wrong unit ..................... just beggars belief :o

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby dave robinson » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Just wondering if there's been a satisfactory outcome? :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby ecca » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi all, I'm back from my exhausting holiday.
There was no internet on the IOW for me on Virgin whatever, it was just rubbish.
Dick, you're right, I'm going to have to address this power supply problem. Non technical people are entirely in the hands of the sales assistants that sell them the wrong things.
Well Arthur ? How are you doing now ?
Ecca.........
ecca

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 pm

I don't think I'm very techie minded, but I followed your instructions. ;)
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Strummer » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

ecca wrote:Hi all, I'm back from my exhausting holiday.
There was no internet on the IOW for me on Virgin whatever, it was just rubbish.
Dick, you're right, I'm going to have to address this power supply problem. Non technical people are entirely in the hands of the sales assistants that sell them the wrong things.
Ecca.........

Hi Eric/All,

Right! Have now moved offices (Talk about stress!) And am currently waiting for my local Electric bits and bobs shop to obtain said adaptor. As soon as it arrives and I have tested it, I will let you know. Three weeks and I still haven't been able to see what the eccamatic echo box sounds like? Grrrrr!

Strummer/Arthur
Strummer

Postby Strummer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 am

Strummer wrote:
ecca wrote:Hi all, I'm back from my exhausting holiday.
Ecca.........

Hi Eric/All,

Right! Have now moved offices (Talk about stress!) And am currently waiting for my local Electric bits and bobs shop to obtain said adaptor. As soon as it arrives and I have tested it, I will let you know. Three weeks and I still haven't been able to see what the eccamatic echo box sounds like? Grrrrr!

Strummer/Arthur

RIGHT! Have now received my 2nd purchased AC Adaptor - AC/AC Class 11 Transformer - INPUT 230 "wiggly line" 50Hz -OUTPUT 12V "wiggly line" 1600mA MODEL AD4830-12.0-1600 BS 1363 STANDARD.

All I am getting from the box is a load of very loud 'hum'? So, I am now thinking there is a problem with the unit? I will pm you Eric and try to sort this out. I have spent nearly £40 on the correct Adaptors (brand new) so its not them?

Can you contact me if you read this first please?I am now desperate to use the unit but it seems I cannot?

Regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby ecca » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:49 pm

What did you get for your £40 Arthur and why plural ? 'Adaptors'.
You'd better send it back to me.
Something's happened to it.
ecca

Postby Strummer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:23 pm

Hi Eric

I now own two Adaptors, my daughter had also ordered one from RS Components, hence the plurals. So, I tried them both, no go.

As I said in my pm to you, perhaps the couriers mistreated the unit? As you know it has not worked since arriving here?

I think it is their fault to be honest, perhaps they dropped it or something? Anyway, thank you I will send it to you for your expert opinion and help.

Again,thank you, I will have to do that next Tuesday as I am tied up this weekend/bank holiday and cannot get to the post office in town until then.

Kind regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Ian Miller » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi Arthur,

Just wondered if you are all up and running now?

Regards

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby dave robinson » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:20 pm

I thought Ecca had it back to sort it.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

PreviousNext

Return to eTap2HW Forum