HELP!!!! eTap2hw valve automatic.....

Anything to do with eTap2HW

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: HELP!!!! eTap2hw valve automatic.....

Postby Strummer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 am

dave robinson wrote:Have you got this sorted out yet Arthur? :)

Hi Dave

I'm smack bang in the middle of moving offices, and have not had a great deal of time, but..... I got my new 12v ac power supply, complete with all these connectors, tried it last night, and the "best fit connector" - NO GO!! Lights up and just does not work? Changed the connector pin around still doesn't work?

Am at a total loss at this time and am inwardly screaming my head off! Its hot, I am bothered, and stressed, and this has really p*ssed me off to be honest. (Sorry about that David).

I am sure you can understand my frustration. I am dying to get it to work and play.

I took the leads out of my Alesis Quadraverb GT and put them into the ecca box, like for like, and, still no effect?

Not sure what to do now frankly? I even had my "techie" daughter helping me to see if I am screwing something up, but still no luck?
Strummer

Postby ecca » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Arthur , if you changed the leads round then it still sounds like the wrong power supply. You can't do that with an AC power supply. Put a picture up of what it looks like. If it looks like an equals sign with a dotted top bar after the 12 volts then it's DC. If it has a single wiggly sine wave then it's AC.
ecca

Postby GuitarPhil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 pm

From photos I have seen of the Alesis Quadraverb GT it seems to use a 9V AC supply. Would the lower voltage still suffice for the 'ecca box' ?
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Postby Strummer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:09 am

ecca wrote:Arthur , if you changed the leads round then it still sounds like the wrong power supply. You can't do that with an AC power supply. Put a picture up of what it looks like. If it looks like an equals sign with a dotted top bar after the 12 volts then it's DC. If it has a single wiggly sine wave then it's AC.

Eric,

I will have a long look at the whole thing on Saturday, as I said I am in the midst of moving offices and I did not get home until gone 9-30 pm last night, no "proper time". So will really investigate it all on Saturday. If it still doesn't work then it may be something wrong with the box? However, I will really be investigating the connections and power supply as stated and will be in touch if it is still a 'negative'.

Best regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Strummer » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:21 am

ecca wrote:Arthur , if you changed the leads round then it still sounds like the wrong power supply. You can't do that with an AC power supply. Put a picture up of what it looks like. If it looks like an equals sign with a dotted top bar after the 12 volts then it's DC. If it has a single wiggly sine wave then it's AC.

Eric, I have looked at the power supply and it shows INPUT: 100-240V "wiggly sine" 50/60Hz 0.8A. Then, OUTPUT: 12V top bar with dots underneath 2.5A?

I still cannot get it to work? Was going to take it to my guitar friend on Wednesday night.

What are your thoughts, its driving me potty at the moment.

Thanks Eric.
Strummer

Postby Twang46 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:58 pm

How about a photo of the power supply/supplies you are trying Arthur

Should be easy enough to advise you if you have the correct PS or not from a clear photo.

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby GuitarPhil » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Strummer wrote:

Eric, I have looked at the power supply and it shows INPUT: 100-240V "wiggly sine" 50/60Hz 0.8A. Then, OUTPUT: 12V top bar with dots underneath 2.5A?

I still cannot get it to work? Was going to take it to my guitar friend on Wednesday night.

Thanks Eric.

The OUTPUT symbol you are describing is the symbol for the DC type so you've got the wrong power supply, sorry.

The symbol of an AC output supply is the sine 'squiggly' line - see the photo of the supply I am using.
image.jpg
(367.56 KiB) Downloaded 15127 times
GuitarPhil

Postby Strummer » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:24 pm

GuitarPhil wrote:
Strummer wrote:

Thanks Eric.

The OUTPUT symbol you are describing is the symbol for the DC type so you've got the wrong power supply, sorry.

The symbol of an AC output supply is the sine 'squiggly' line - see the photo of the supply I am using.
image.jpg

Phil, Thank you very much. I relied on the shop as I had written down what ecca had told me, I am not a techie person and am ignorant of these things. I will now go back, for the THIRD, time and get it changed to your specifics.

Thank you very much indeed, I will do that Monday.

I am grateful Phil.

Kind regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby GuitarPhil » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Glad to help Arthur. You'll be very pleased with the sound once you get it working :D

Phil.

PS You might find that most shops don't stock this type of supply. If you can't get it locally RS have it online - I posted a link earlier in this thread.
GuitarPhil

Postby dave robinson » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:49 pm

I took a friend of mine to Maplins for a PS for his new Eccamatic valve eTap and the clown of an assistant gave us the wrong one, even though we stated we wanted an AC power supply with all the right criteria. This was at the Huddersfield branch where we were passing through at the time, luckily he managed to get it changed for the correct one locally.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

PreviousNext

Return to eTap2HW Forum