Noveber 2nd club meeting

No longer meeting

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Noveber 2nd club meeting

Postby spencer scott » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:07 am

Well gentelmen you proved your selves well last night.some great playing.
Ed you are doing well,playing for nine months just give it another two years
and you will be well on your way.
It was good to see you all last night thank you for your support,it was a bumper night.
The 7th December is our meeting before christmas.make a note of the date.
Spence.
spencer scott

Re: Noveber 2nd club meeting

Postby olympic » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:54 am

I THINK WE ALL A GREAT NIGHT AND I ENJOYED THE BAND SECTION.
THANKS SPENCE FOR PLAYING THE STEEL IT MADE A NICE CHANGE. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE DECEMBER MEETING.
TERRY.
olympic

Re: November 2nd club meeting

Postby johnabutler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Spencer,
Another excellent evening, last night. Thanks very much and also to Peter on the desk. The club is getting more crowded every meeting, or were they all Ed's fan club?
Clearly the inclusion of a fully live spot is very popular, whether a pre-arranged and rehearsed grouping or a scratch ensemble put together on the night.
You have indicated that this will now be a regular feature from January, but do you think that having a spontaneous live spot every month may take the shine off it and lose some of the excitement and anticipation? Perhaps every other or every third month may make it something to look forward to even more? I suspect that there may also be some who prefer an evening of carefully rehearsed numbers, played mainly solo, to a professional backing track and of course the live spot cuts down the opportunities for individuals to exhibit the solo standard they can achieve with some rehearsal.
Not having live spots every month will also avoid supporting players dragging along drum-kits and 1 cwt. bass cabinets, every month, just in the hope that a lead player wants backing.
When I next expose my playing to the critical and informed ears of club members, it will be with the able help of Messrs Mitchell and Beer, after as much rehearsal as they think I will need. I hope to be up to speed by January but no doubt they'll let me know if not.
Until then, I look forward to the December meeting
johnabutler

Previous

Return to Kent Shadows Music Club & Other Guitar Heroes