Which VST host ?

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Which VST host ?

Postby Detailed Infinity » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Detailed Infinity

Postby db133 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Thans for all the input its a lot to take in.

Kind regards.
db133

Postby Detailed Infinity » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Yes it's a minefield--you don't say how much experience you have in recording stuff and what software you have which would help to work at an appropiate level of reply to help you. Both Bojan and I have years of knowlege which we both can share with you to get you started. Do you have any VST stuff to load--if so I can get you going providing I'm not treading on Bo's private info he may have given you.

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby db133 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 am

Detailed Infinity wrote:Yes it's a minefield--you don't say how much experience you have in recording stuff and what software you have which would help to work at an appropiate level of reply to help you. Both Bojan and I have years of knowlege which we both can share with you to get you started. Do you have any VST stuff to load--if so I can get you going providing I'm not treading on Bo's private info he may have given you.

Bri

Thank you for your input, appreciated.

I have Chainer loaded with the ASIO4ALL driver . I can load the Etap2b01 in to it.

I have as yet not received any private info from Bojan. I dont know why, Ive sent a couple of PM's as he requested.

"minefield" Yes its a challange for me alright, dyslexia can be deeply fustrating. I dont have much experience in recording etc, ie novice ,this is all new to me as are VST's.

Software ? Just started with Chainer as I wanted to get the Etap modual working.

I do not know how to make it work or how to connect up to it as yet.

Anyway thanks again kind regards.
db133

Postby Detailed Infinity » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:07 pm

I'll mail Bojan as a courtesy and ask him where we're up to.

B.
Detailed Infinity

Postby db133 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Thanks again....

My windows 7 is 64bit and Chainer and the Etap modual are made for 32bit ie Windows xp. (I think but not 100%) I am lucky to have Windows 7 professional and I can down load a prog to give me Windows xp on my windows 7. If that makes any sense.

Now not sure what to do ie carry on trying to make chainer/etap work in windows 7 (64) if possible or start again this time in xp (32) mode.

As the saying goes 'What would you do'. Interesting subject for me to stumble upon I know where I want to go but keep falling over tc db.
db133

Postby Detailed Infinity » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Just to say that the lessons with David are doing just fine. We're working in Audacity and when David heard the eTAP VST at work he couldn't believe the echo stylings which were available to him in the pre-set listings. It just needs a member to hold out a hand--lift the telephone and another convert to the work our friends in Holland have done for us. All David needs to do now is to input his guitar (dry)----not an easy thing to do without hearing the echo and let the magical world of software efx non destructively get you the sound you're looking for.

Whilst on this subject, hearing a sound is subjective to the person receiving the soundwave therefore it follows that by spending thousands on replicating such a sound exactly is meaningless. I.ve said it before, other than owning the new eTAP outboard unit for its low cost, I'd sling the other hardware in the bin. The majority of people here are bedroom players with perhaps thumping great AC30's etc and I'm pleased to say you don't live next door to me !!!

Bri
Detailed Infinity

Postby db133 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Thank you Brian, thats going to keep me quiet through the winter.

Kind regards.
db133

Postby db133 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi

Just a quick question is there a 64 bit version of the eTAP VST ?

Here is what I believe is true of 32-bit vs. 64-bit VST compatibility. If you think I'm mistaken about any of this, would you please correct me?
1) 32-bit and 64-bit VST instruments are separate DLLs. Each DLL is either one or the other. Some vendors offer 32-bit only, some offer 64-bit only, some offer both.
2) VST hosts are either 32-bit applications or 64-bit applications. As in (1), some vendors offer 32-bit only, some offer 64-bit only, some offer both.
3) A 64-bit OS can run either 32-bit or 64-bit applications. A 32-bit OS can run 32-bit applications only.
4) A 32-bit application can communicate only with a 32-bit VST, even on a 64-bit OS. A 64-bit application can communicate only with a 64-bit VST..
5) Except if you use a separate application called a VST bridge. These bridges are built into some VST hosts. They decrease performance and are not always completely free of bugs, but they do allow a 64-bit host to use a 32-bit VST when it would not otherwise be possible.

I keep reading about a 'crack' 64 bit version of eTAP2 b2 but can not find the download.

Looking for clarification/ information etc thanks in advance............
db133

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"