Echo machines...

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Echo machines...

Postby Strummer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 pm

David Martin wrote:Where are you Arthur?

I'm in Broxbourne Hertfordshire David. Just can't seem to sort it out, may be a mental block, or, just plain ignorance on my part? All I know is that I feel like screaming, and I don't want to lose interest, especially as I have purchased some really nice gear and I love guitars (and the Shads!).

I just need someone who knows what they are doing to show me, and point me in the right direction. I think once that happens I will be away with the fairies. :D

Regards

Arthur
Strummer

Postby Strummer » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 pm

ecca wrote:I've got a valve jobbie on the anvil as well Dave.......

ecca

I'm very interested in your ETap 2hw valve, can you let me know what the details and cost are re this please? I use VOX AD 30 VT's pre amps (2) and a VOX AC30 CC2 all valve.

Thanks

Arthur/Strummer
Strummer

Re: meazzi info

Postby shadowtonio » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 pm

hello meazzi fans, :D

see the link for a lot of information,

https://www.google.nl/search?q=meazzi+6 ... 24&bih=523

cheers, tonio 8-)
shadowtonio

Full Real Name: Tonio Kooijman

Postby Long tall Wolfie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:35 pm

I have played Shadows tunes since the late 60's and in the early 80's I had a very successful Shadows cover band in Switzerland. I've had many echo / delay units in my long career, but a few months ago, I found a unit that can actually produce the type of delay you need for the intro of "Atlantis", or the muted sections in "Wonderful Land" or ". The unit is the "El Capistan" by Strymon. While Hank has changed his delay units a number of times, this is the closest to perfect I've ever come in reproducing most of Hank's guitar sounds. Here is the link to the manufacturer's website: http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/

I'm not in any way connected to Straymon and I'm not trying to 'sell' this unit. I just think it is worth a try. I enjoy playing my 30+ Shadows tunes even more now.
Long tall Wolfie

Postby David Martin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:02 am

Checked out the website Wolfgang, but can't see how this machine can emulate a multiple head machine with unequally spaced heads (Meazzi or Vox) as used by Hank in the early sixties. eTAPhw2 machines, and Hall & Collins machines can both do this. And they both seeks to replicate the Meazzi valve pre-amp too...

Have you tried them?

D
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby shadowtonio » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:00 pm

hello Wolfgang,

I agree what david said about this item, besides that, the sound of the strymon is to digital, so I dont like the sound.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cheers, tonio :)
shadowtonio

Postby shadowtonio » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:03 pm

hello,
as an alternative, i would also mention the Zoom G3 echo pedal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its not expensive at all.

cheers, tonio :D
shadowtonio

Postby BobBatmanman » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 am

Hi my gear for music amp has a very good sound for shads and many others! You Woul not believe it but yes !
It's old and I got from chashconverters about 15 years ago But I want a Vox amp now with shads sounds built in too I think you can buy them I'm not sure though my favourite shads song is man of mystery I like wonderful land more though
Cheers Bob
BobBatmanman

Postby nivramarvin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:19 am

In the Logic Software it's easy to build an echo machine with variable head-positions by "Delay-Designer".
Attachments
DelayDesignerApache2.jpg
(89.76 KiB) Downloaded 37478 times
nivramarvin

Full Real Name: Wolfgang Hefele

Postby ecca » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:48 am

I have a Roland GR55 guitar synth that has a 3 head programmable delay with feedback from one head only.
It does excellent Shads echoes.
And also the strings and trumpets.
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"