Echo machines...

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Echo machines...

Postby chaddopete » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi all,
Does anyone know if the EFTP system is available for the zoomG2, and if so do will it be the same as the G7, or will the echoes be the same but not the Eq? The G2 is much cheaper than the G7, and I don't need any of the other features of the G7, just the echoes, and since I can't now get a magicstomp at a reasonable price I thought the G2 might be OK.
Thanks for any Ideas

Cheers
Pete
chaddopete

Full Real Name: Pete Wilson

Postby abstamaria » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:19 am

Thank you all for the information. I appreciate it.

Andy
abstamaria

Full Real Name: Andres Sta. Maria

Postby Didier » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:09 pm

chaddopete wrote:Hi all,
Does anyone know if the EFTP system is available for the zoomG2, and if so do will it be the same as the G7,

Charlie Hall (formerly EFTP) has written echo patches for the Zoom G2, but they are not the same as those he made for the G7. The Zoom G2 has less possibilities than the G7 so it can't be progammed as accuratly.

Here are available Charlie's echo patches (and prices) in his own order of rising preference :

Zoom 508 Free
Zoom RFX-2000 £40
Zoom RFX-2200 £40
Alesis Quadraverb Plus £50
Alesis Quad GT £50
Zoom G2 £15
Zoom G2.1u £15
Zoom G7.1ut £45
Zoom G9.2tt £45
Yamaha Magicstomp £25
Alesis Q2 £135
Alesis Q20 £135

Better ask Charlie himself at : charliehall#ntlworld.com (replace # by @)

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Hi all. Am I correct in thinking that the TVS units 1&2 are designed to be used in front of the echo unit, ie; guitar-TVS-echo-amp and if so do we have anyone here on the site who uses or has used this setup. Do we have any sound files recorded using this setup.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby Didier » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:29 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi all. Am I correct in thinking that the TVS units 1&2 are designed to be used in front of the echo unit,

They are, their goal is to provide the Meazzi tone when used with an external echo box, just like Patrice Bastien's PB Box.
You can listen to some demos on the TVS web site
Most are with a TVS3, but some are with a TVS2.

Didier
Didier

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi Didier. Just had a look on the TVS site and the demos are very impressive. Do we know if there are any members on this site who use any of the TVS units? It would be nice to hear a few comments.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby Didier » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:53 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi Didier. Just had a look on the TVS site and the demos are very impressive. Do we know if there are any members on this site who use any of the TVS units? It would be nice to hear a few comments.
Regards Geoff.

Alain LF has a TVS3, There must be a few ones in UK also.
At a former Shadtech meeting, we had a comparative test between a TVS3 and a PB Box with a Q20. Both sounded excellent, and very similar to my ears.
The TVS3 has the advantage to have everything in a single unit, the only problem is the price.

You can listen to a PB Box and Q20 recorded live during a concert here : http://www.4shared.com/file/8261317/e70 ... mples.html

Didier
Didier

Postby chaddopete » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Thanks Didier for that Info. Looks like I'll have to go with a G7 then unless someone knows where there's a Magicstomp going reasonably.
Cheers
Pete
chaddopete

Full Real Name: Pete Wilson

Postby Didier » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:20 pm

chaddopete wrote:Thanks Didier for that Info. Looks like I'll have to go with a G7 then unless someone knows where there's a Magicstomp going reasonably.
Cheers
Pete

Some can be found from time to time on eBay, but beware of a seller from Spain who only sell patches for the Magicstomp, not the unit itself...

Didier
Didier

Postby PeterV » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:01 am

toby jameson wrote:I am totally with Bojan on this. The eTap Engineer & PSP608 are the only echoes to have on your computer. I'm tutoring a guy at the moment to run duplicate lead tracks. Track one has a certain eTap preset and the track is then muted where the palmed strings come in the 2nd track having the echo timings to a tee, we then return to track one. That's where you can hear the quality & veratility of PC VST multitap gear.

This didn't cost me a dime. http://www.4shared.com/file/136998937/7bf26033/Meazzi_Echomatic_2.html

Sling the other stuff in the bin or some mug on E Bay to buy.

Toby,

Thanks for using eTAP2! The reason why we developed the eTAP2 Engineering was due to the fact that the PSP608, we also developed JPatches for, did not have any tape/disc artefacts. Having tape characteristics including valve characteristics (harmonics) and the famous wow and flutter correctly implemented is key to deliver a perfect product. We've noticed along the path of research and development that the W&F is to be fully correctly available as this provides the main character. Most of the presently existing gear Q2/Q20/MagicStomp and even the Atlantis and other BBD based designs are lacking this key requirement or other restrictions, like limited resources or even not having the functionality on board, that makes building correct patches a "mission impossible"

-Piet
PeterV

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"