Echo machines...

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Echo machines...

Postby ecca » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Well I've owned a few up to a Q20 and I've heard a few including Meazzis and I have to say that I would put Piet's eTap2hw echo unit on a par with the Q20 in terms of echo quality.
It can be heard any Tuesday at Shaddlemania in the City of Bloxwich.
ecca

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm

A few of the people at our club have ued the Roland RE20 and it is a good general unit but mainly for the echos from early 70s onwards and does not have right timings for Meazzi sounds etc. The units turned out to be noisy as well and put at least two people off using them. I agree with Ecca above the Etap hw by Piet of Echotapper offers a great solution for the price but you have to build it of get someone to do it for you.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Bojan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

I also agree with Ecca, not only from the samples that I've heard but mainly based on years of using Piet's ETAP2 vst plugin, which is absolutely fabulous. The hardware version can only be better !!
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby db133 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:01 am

Brian Leary wrote:I am totally with Bojan on this. The eTap Engineer & PSP608 are the only echoes to have on your computer. I'm tutoring a guy at the moment to run duplicate lead tracks. Track one has a certain eTap preset and the track is then muted where the palmed strings come in the 2nd track having the echo timings to a tee, we then return to track one. That's where you can hear the quality & veratility of PC VST multitap gear.

This didn't cost me a dime. http://www.4shared.com/file/136998937/7bf26033/Meazzi_Echomatic_2.html

Sling the other stuff in the bin or some mug on E Bay to buy.

Hi

Is the "eTAP2 Engineer a free Vintage Tape/Disc Echo Emulator" compatible with Windows 7 ?

Sorry if its a lame question. Trying to find my way around etc. I had a quick look at the above. Is it hard to set up because the price is very reasonable ?

In any event kind regards from Sussex.
db133

Postby ecca » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:46 am

Hi David, the etap VST plug-in will work with Windows 7 Ok.
It won't work with Adobe Audition though.
The hardware kit is fiddly and there are other things involved in it.
It would be a daunting project for someone who had never done this sort of thing before.
Cheers
Ecca
ecca

Postby db133 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 am

Hello E

It was the the etap VST plug-in I wanted to know if it was Windows 7 compatible and looking for information as to how to install and set it up etc.

I would like to have a go if its possible for me ? I note the link : http://www.4shared.com/file/136998937/7 ... tic_2.html is note valid.

Is there another ?

Ref:
The hardware kit is fiddly and there are other things involved in it.
It would be a daunting project for someone who had never done this sort of thing before.

Yes thats way beyound my skill level and hence my emails to have one made. But while I save up I would like to have a go with the plug in.

Kind regards.
Last edited by db133 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
db133

Postby ecca » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi David, Download the etap software from ;
http://www.echotapper.nl/etap2/downloads/eTAP2b001.dll
and put it into your VST folder, that's pretty well all you have to do.

You will have to refresh the effects on your recording software so it will look for anything new and then away you go.
Cheers
Ecca
ecca

Postby db133 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi

I just had a quick google for VST as this is all new for me. Anyway there is a lot to take in. I do not as yet have any interface for my guitar (as I play via Korg AX30g its just a hobby...)

As for the VST can you point me in the right direction please, sorry if I'm a pain. I will have to come back here tomorrow but in the mean time I will be google eyed as I find it a very interesting subject.

Kind regards.
db133

Postby ecca » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Ha David, I already did.
There's the link.
ecca

Postby db133 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:29 am

ecca wrote:Ha David, I already did.
There's the link.

I must be missing something, when I click on the link I get the following:

"This program does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control pannel"

I am usung Windows 7 and now I am confused as to what is the correct action to take..............

In any event kind regards.
db133

PreviousNext

Return to How To Get "That Sound"