How to get that echo

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

How to get that echo

Postby Graham » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:43 pm

I have read on this forum of a number of units which help to produce a Shadows tone, eg, Blue Nebula, HCSE etc. etc. But which unit, which is easy to use and quite versatile, is recommended by the experts on this forum? By versatile I am thinking could it be used for other tones, eg. The Spotniks, Duane Eddy etc.
Thanks very much for your advice.

Graham
Graham

Full Real Name: Graham Spicer

Re: How to get that echo

Postby Teflon » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:13 pm

I have a Zoom G3X with Halls echo patches installed. The unit is like 6 stomp boxes in one, all of which can be set with a wide variety of effects, so the range of the Zoom is pretty impressive. Additionally, the Halls Echo patches include a Duane Eddy sound as the icing on the cake.

Only available second hand these days though, but there are always plenty for sale on Ebay for around £100 - £120. Halls Echoes are an additional £80, so not too much money all in. For comparison purposes, the much missed Steve Reynolds made a video comparing a variety of units across the price range. The Zoom is the first of the samples, and to my ears, it holds it's own pretty well against some expensive opposition:

Cliff
Teflon

Full Real Name: Cliff Bradley

Re: How to get that echo

Postby Kujalanjokke » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:11 am

Are these Hall's Echo patches still avaible to purchase? I tried to order but didn't get answer from website.
Kujalanjokke

Full Real Name: Johannes Kujala

Return to How To Get "That Sound"