Gemini lll

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Gemini lll

Postby dave robinson » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:13 am

Yes the Cutting Edge and Ariab pedals do a similar job and would help get somewhere in the ball park.
I do have the Ariab as well as Charle's original proto-type Cutting Edge and they do help.
That said, the Gemini III is much more than those two and it shows it the quality of the tone. I wouldn't have believed this had I not been fortunate enough to get my hands on the Gemini III. As David Martin commented, the Gemini III is more than just a filter. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby shadowtonio » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:13 am

hello Dave,

years ago Justin Daish showed me the gemini box in Holland on the shadows meeting/Tilburg, very interesting, its a pity that they are nowhere to find anymore.

thanks, tonio 8-)
shadowtonio

Full Real Name: Tonio Kooijman

Postby davidwood » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:40 am

Hi all
Maybe if there was that much interest again in the Gemini 111
Pedal someone would start making them again.
David
davidwood

Postby dave robinson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:15 am

What I find really useful is that instead of having to set my amp with the tone for the early instrumental sound and be stuck with it all through the show, I can set the amp for a 'ball park' tone to suit everything we play in the course of a concert, then with the flick of a switch on the floor in front of me, go into instant 1961 'Hank' mode without turning my back on the audience, thus making the performance slick. That means I have a lovely rich guitar tone for the majority of numbers and also instant access to the 'reduced bass' sound associated with those records, with two extra options of thinning down the tone, which covers most Shadows sounds. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby shadowtonio » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:16 am

hello Dave,

Looking for a ariab, or the schematics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,???

thanks, tonio :D
shadowtonio

Full Real Name: Tonio Kooijman

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"