Shads EQ

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Shads EQ

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:26 pm

I now use a Carl Martin Contour and Boost Pedal with a Empress Paraeq pedal and get great results. I think this way is better than a graphic eq pedal because it simulates nearer the way eq was applied in the studio. The Carl Martin pedal is an high / low cut filter and the Paraeq is a parametric eq pedal. I have heard a good job done at our club using a Boss EQ7 pedal as well. You have to use your ears really to judge it but you can get closer to the sound on the record. The cheapest option is a graphic eq. The two pedals I got are quite expensive but I believe they do a better job.
Last edited by roger bayliss on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 pm

There is a similar option in the Line6 POD HD which is called a Mid Focus EQ which mimics High/low cutting and there are parametric EQ's as well. This is cheaper than my pedals and I have got one. It works fine but the adjustments are in percents not real frequencies which is poor as you have no real idea what frequencies you are targeting. I did however fine some info on the internet giving the frequency / bandwidth info and was able to do a similar job with the POD. The amp sims are very good for Vox. I tried setting up the delays however and unfortunately they are in series and run into one another and when you have 4 of them you get a kinda ringing effect.
Last edited by roger bayliss on Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Zaanse Shadow » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:42 pm

Thank you everybody for your reaction and futher info. I must do a lot of thinking the comming time

Bye

fred
PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE CAUSE ITS JUST BEEN RENOVATED; WWW.ZAANSESHADOW.NL
Zaanse Shadow

Full Real Name: Fred Bos

Previous

Return to How To Get "That Sound"