Danelectro- Dan-Echo D1 version effects pedal

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Danelectro- Dan-Echo D1 version effects pedal

Postby Ryan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:25 pm

IMG_1644.JPG
(841.64 KiB) Downloaded 9168 times

Hi all,
Just wandering if anyone has got 1 of these pedals, or used 1 in the past? If so, can anybody give me any basic settings they used to recreate that 'Shadows Sound', and which instrumentals they refer to, please.
It has got 4 dials- mix, speed, repeats and hi-cut, and a lo/hi switch.
Cheers
Ryan
Ryan

Re: Danelectro- Dan-Echo D1 version effects pedal

Postby noelford » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Ryan, it doesn't look like any of the experts are answering your query, so here's my 'non-purist' answer. If you really want to capture the authentic Shadows' echoes, I doubt this unit will be any use, as it doesn't appear to have a multi-tap facility, which is essential for what you are looking for.
Last edited by noelford on Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noelford

Postby dave robinson » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:43 pm

Not knowing anything about it makes it difficult to form an opinion, but if it just offers a single head it's not going to do what you need it to. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Didier » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:50 am

This is one of the many single echo unit, more designed to emulate an Echoplex than a Meazzi.

You'll find different settings on the manual : http://www.danelectro.com/download/DE1_DanEcho_inst.pdf but none for the Shadows' sound as it doesn't feature multi heads emulation !
If you have such an unit, you might try the "tape echo" setting.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Ryan » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for all the info from everyone.
Could anyone suggest an echo pedal that would create the closish 'Shadows sounds'? I am on a tight budget and it will be only used for home use, through a micro cube amp (set on AC30, amp mode), At the moment i use this amp, with the reverb on full. You don't get a bad sound to play to the UB Hank backing tracks, but as this is just a reverb, i would like to get a more authentic sound with an echo pedal.
I'd like to do some home recordings to backing tracks and just want to get the best sound that i can.
Cheers
Ryan
Ryan

Postby Hank2k » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 am

Hi Ryan

There are a few really good units available for all budgets. Id personally choose the zoom g2 they can be brought for about £25 then you can either programme it yourself of google eftp (echoes from the past) Charlie hall has written patches for most shads songs for just £15

Hope this helps

Thanks
Hank2k

Postby Chic Berkhout » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi Ryan,
I use a RFX Zoom 2200, through a Vox Ac 30 ccx2, and I am reasonable happy with the sound I am getting. Good luck. Chic
Chic Berkhout

Return to How To Get "That Sound"