The Grall with the SOUND

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

The Grall with the SOUND

Postby GEGE » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Hello,

This is "APACHE" with VST group (René Steine rythmique guitar, Michel Hénaux bass guitar, Daniel Corbon Drums).

The sound for this recording has been obtained by means of a solution based on the use of VST technology, developed by Christian Boileau (springer16900). This solution is delivered in form of an easy to install/configure software package. People interested can download it using this link: http://vintage-sounds.freeforums.net
You will also find on this server a lot of documentation, video tutorials and audio/video examples of what can be obtained with it, and of course interesting discussions between all the users of the solution worldwide. Last but not least, this is completely free and it deserves at least a try. Note that access to download area requires an approval from webmaster, which takes one day in average.

My version of Apache has been realized with a personal patch of my own. But the , but package includes a large number of ready to use patches for both Shadows and Spotnicks tunes.

https://app.box.com/s/059p0yra4s9uka9ndvlu
GEGE

Full Real Name: Tabis Gérard

Re: The Grall with the SOUND

Postby John Boyd » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm

IMHO, this is probably as close as it gets! Well done Gege and your friends.
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby Bojan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm

Yes, I think it is incredibly close . . . and good!!
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby dave robinson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:02 am

Great sound, well played. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Ubique » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Gege
I have just downloaded your programme and it works great with the G2Nu. I would highly recommend giving this a go as there are some really excellent 'that sound' patches within the programme and the setup instructions are easy to follow. And its free!! Thank you Gege.
Ubique

Full Real Name: Neil Shaw

Postby GEGE » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:12 am

Thanks, John, Bojan, Dave for comments, thanks to you also Ubique? Christian(Springer) has not worked for nothing.
GEGE
GEGE

Postby springer16900 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Hi all

My name is Christian Boileau and I am the 'father' of this VST package solution. I take the opportunity of the EXCELLENT post of my friend Gégé to give a few more information concerning it.
First, I would also like to thank Gégé because he has been one of the first persons to believe in its possibilities and to use it. If you know Gégé and the tremendous efforts he mad since years around Shadows sound research, I could hardly find better recognition for my work, nor better champion.
The current package is the fifth version that I have realized, so normally all teething problems are now solved and product is stable. I made this version English as I kept receiving demands via Youtube from people worldwide.
Just for information, and despite it's free, I have spent several thousands of hours working at this package, including remote support. Package is delivered with about 80 'ready to use' patches mainly for Shadows plus a few Spotnicks tunes. I did my bests to deliver good quality patches, by spending an average of 3 hours on each one (so 30 full days of work simply on this). These patches, as they are, will probably satisfy a majority of users. But there is still room to improve them and to create new ones. This is what Gégé has done by re-developing a complete brand new patch for this mythic Apache tune. His work is a perfect example of the results this solution can bring, with a bit of work and experience.
Another important point is that this solution is FEDERATIVE: apart from guitar and Amp, everything else (effects) is the same for all users. This means that is allows exchanges of patches between people and the barrier of heterogeneous equipemnt does not exist anymore.
OK, I will stop here as I don't want to further pollute the post of Gégé. But as I keep receiving membership requests on my forum since yeasterday, I thought this comment was usefull.

Thank you again Gégé for this post, and let me tell you that what you did there is simply stunning !

Cheers - Christian
springer16900

Postby roger bayliss » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Well done to GEGE and to Christian for his efforts which will help others persuing the Shadows vintage tones. Apache sounds great .
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby GEGE » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello Roger, thank you for your great comments, this is another example on early yeards Cycle of Shadows.
Amicalement
GEGE

https://app.box.com/s/i95tt4wk59vki6ph3p5n
GEGE

Return to How To Get "That Sound"