MIDIVERB

Loads of accumulated experience

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

MIDIVERB

Postby doubler » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi Guys
Have any one of you tried the Alesis midiverb 4 for Shadows sounds? I am still looking for a reverb/echo units that isn't going to break my somewhat depleted bank account any sicker than it is now. Under £200 would be very nice but, £250 if I had to.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Roger
doubler

Re: MIDIVERB

Postby dave robinson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:30 pm

Roger, I hate to see guys throwing away hard earned cash on stuff that won't return the expectation. As someone who has tried and owned everything related to what you are seeking over the years, I cannot recommend enough the eTap machine, I have had here Meazzis, Binsons, Echolettes, Copicats - Alesis Q20, Q2, QuadGT, MAGICSTOMP, Zoom G7, Zoom RFX , TVS3, as well as still owning the ESE Echomatic and for a couple of hundred quid the eTap delivers THE sound. If you can't build your own from the £60 kit, Ecca will do it for you for around £200. Trust me it's what you are seeking, I've posted numerous soundfiles on this site with it before I became ill, everyone agreed at the time that the search was over - it's so simple and inexpensive, you don't need to break the bank. :)

Have a listen to these MIDNIGHT
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/-xR-idEv/midnight_etap.html?

WONDERFUL LAND
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/23O5NYWt/won ... _vibe.html
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Re: MIDIVERB

Postby doubler » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi Dave
Well, it certainly seems that you have tried just about everything there is. I must admit I haven't tried much at all in the reverb field. I am now 65 and, want to lay something aside that my family and friends can listen to when I reside in the great music room, up yonder :D. Which incidentally is where I would be if I tried to build a unit myself. I am not the world's best at anything electrical to start with, coupled with arthritis in the pinkie of each hand, I am sure it would be best left alone. I listened to your Midnight rendition and, it certainly sounds what I am looking for. I will try ECCA and, see what they would charge to build me the unit you suggest.
Thank you very much again, for the information.

Kind Regards

Roger
doubler

Return to How To Get "That Sound"