Vox Bass amp

Welcome to the East Yorks message board. You are most welcome to come along to our club meeting once a month please bring your Guitar nothing else needed.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, old romantic

Vox Bass amp

Postby jetcross » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:57 pm

Many years ago I owned a Vox Foundation Bass - 50w head/18" speaker cab. Not very powerful but great for recording. Our club (E. Yorkshire) has spawned quite a few bands and it is noticeable that the bass rigs never match the AC30's back-line which I feel detracts from the overall look of the bands. I wrote to Vox last month, asking if they plan to re-introduce a bass amp which I think would be recieved warmly by the many Shadows clubs around the world. They kindly wrote back with plenty of brochures but said they were not planning on marketing a bass amp. I shall keep scanning Ebay as I know the old Vox bass amps can sometimes be found.
jetcross

Full Real Name: Ian Cross

Re: Vox Bass amp

Postby Bojan » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 pm

Why don't you get and old (or new) AC30 and adapt it for bass? That's what the Shadows did.
Attachments
FIL5330.JPG
(72 KiB) Downloaded 3988 times
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Return to East Yorks