A Class Act

The Surrey Shadows Club welcomes everyone to their musical evenings, whether you sing, play guitar, bass, keyboards or drums. We have a full backline sponsored by Breakthru', our resident backing band for the meetings.

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

A Class Act

Postby Tab » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:47 am

I would like to take this opportunity to pay credit to all those involved in organising and running the Surrey Shadows Club. These events do not happen on their own and I post this in appreciation of the hard work that goes on before the doors open

Last night was another great evening for players and audience alike and was excellent value for all.

I was particularly impressed with the band who performed with all of the players on a wide variety of songs and instrumentals without prior rehearsal, producing a 'one-take' job good enough to be canned in most cases. Long live live music!

Here's to the next one!

Terry
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Re: A Class Act

Postby SELEDA284 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with you Terry, it was a great evening & I enjoyed it immensely, nice to talk with you again...... :D
SELEDA284

Postby ShadsDrums » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Terry

I'm sure I speak for the rest of the back line when I say it was an absolute pleasure to play for you and the others who came along to the club to play last night. In discussion this morning, we're thinking that last night was perhaps the best Surrey meet yet. I know... I always say that, but I think the club is just getting better and better all the time.

One of the developments I'm really supportive of at the club is the readiness of players and audience to enjoy the singing too. Last night there were at least four people who sang, myself included, and I thought the crowd were very appreciative. Long may this new development continue.

Onwards and upwards! See you soon.
Chris
Last edited by ShadsDrums on Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby Arpeggio » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:09 pm

I second everything that has been said - both as a listener / consumer and a performer. Many thanks to all of those who set up the venue and provide the equipment - setting it all up beforehand. Cindy on the sound desk is an unsung heroine and always smiling. John Boulden does a super job with both his MCing and playing. A great crowd in last night and yes - the Silver Shadows ( a diffrent variant of line - ups last night) were magnificent - both in their own slots and backing anyone / everyone at very short notice - sueperbly well. Plus.....what an amazing procession of very talented guitarists and vocalists. The standard of performance was uniformly excellent . A superb evening - so thanks to all concerned.

Rob :D
Arpeggio

Postby Tab » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:35 pm

I agree, Chris. The vocals do add an extra dimension to the evening. I'm already working on 'D in Love' and 'Gee Whiz It's You' (lead guitar not vocals) as suggested.

PS Will we see some photos of the night?
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Postby ShadsDrums » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi Terry

Yessir! Tony always sends me the results of his efforts and I'm hoping to see these shortly. As soon as I have them I'll upload some of them here.

Cheers
Chris
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Return to Surrey