NEXT MEETING 17/4/13 - WITH PHIL KELLY

We are a small but friendly Club that started late 2003 - we have all the right Amps / Echos / Pedals and Backing Tracks - we play in a Musicians' Pub in Waterlooville every 3 weeks - we welcome everyone with the same interest in keeping the Shads music going!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Geffers

NEXT MEETING 17/4/13 - WITH PHIL KELLY

Postby Geffers » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:14 pm

For our next meeting at the Heroes we are very pleased to say our good friend Phil Kelly will be joining in the fun.

Can't wait!
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Re: NEXT MEETING 17/4/13 - WITH PHIL KELLY

Postby Arpeggio » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:01 am

Hi Geffers, Hi Everyone,
Any news / reports about Phil's very recent visit?
Bests....Rob
Arpeggio

Re: NEXT MEETING 17/4/13 - WITH PHIL KELLY

Postby Geffers » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi Rob,

Needless to say we were all so pleased to see Phil back playing again - and how!! Also great to see James (and Pauline) as well.

Phil came along with his gear and played as only as he can - with ' that sound' us guitarists have always longed to achieve. Firstly, I know Barry G has some great photos he took on the evening on Facebook. Well worth a look.

As this was integrated with our Club Night - Phil gave every player opportunity to play through his system - doing the sound engineering for each number. ( which made their day )!

Of course, Phil did a set with The Shadders including - The Stranger, Apache, Sleepwalk, Shadoogie and The Savage (doing the steps and turns with me on Rhythm - I enjoyed that), and to close, got up with his son James to play some Blues - 'Red House' then followed with James on Lead with 'Hey Joe' ( James has a good teacher)! Finishing with some good old Rock and Roll.

What a cracking night. Phil was relaxed and in great form.

A very Big Big thanks to the all the family for staying the course, ( finished at 11.45PM ). Also to Del Boy for arranging the day. ( Things like this take a lot of time to organise).

Everyone had a ball - I know Phil enjoyed it too!
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Return to South Coast