NEXT SCSC 13/2/13 .

We are a small but friendly Club that started late 2003 - we have all the right Amps / Echos / Pedals and Backing Tracks - we play in a Musicians' Pub in Waterlooville every 3 weeks - we welcome everyone with the same interest in keeping the Shads music going!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Geffers

NEXT SCSC 13/2/13 .

Postby Geffers » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:29 pm

If we all have not been washed away with all the rain - We will be at THE HEROES - Waterlooville for the next SCSC -

I know the band have been requested How do I Love Thee - which will be a duet, so looking forward to hear that one and as they know it I might try Sweet Dreams ( Which is just a 3 chord bash )!!

I will again have the ETAP Echo set up - with its very pleasing Echo's -

So see you this Wednesday.
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Re: NEXT SCSC 13/2/13 .

Postby barryg » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks Geoff,
I hope to be there again and bringing along some friends. I hope you can get the monitor set up for the backing tracks.

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby Geffers » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi Barry,
Glad you can come along and participate, We will have the floor monitor as usual and make sure you can hear it this time. ( We may even turn it on)!
LOL
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Postby Derek Misselbrook » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Yep I'm looking forward to doing my first duet with John Gray,well my first duet with anybody...........Hopefully the band have learn't this for us (How do I Love thee).....Were ready to go... Roll on wednesday.... Could be the start of something big....What I don't know...But its good to dream!!....:D
Derek W Misselbrook.
Derek Misselbrook

Full Real Name: Derek Misselbrook

Postby barryg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 am

It's good to see you trying something different Derek. I know know you'll play it well.

Barry
barryg

Postby Derek Misselbrook » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Geffers wrote:Hi Barry,
Glad you can come along and participate, We will have the floor monitor as usual and make sure you can hear it this time. ( We may even turn it on)!
LOL

Barry it's so easy for the players to hear backing tracks but it seems to be a issue at most clubs that I've been too, there is also body language that comes into this to make sure the player is happy.......I have found that if a player moves towards the guitar Amp it's because it's not loud enough !! ...If a player move towards the backing track speaker it's because thats not loud enough,the remedy is simple........One big problem at The Heroes is the lighting for us home players it's all across one side and the floor monitor is across the other side making it almost impossible to get things correct in your own ears and eyes......So back to my oppening sentence about it being easy to sort out....All that needs to be done is point the two main speakers at the player and hey presto SORTED !!

Because no Mic's are used during the first part of the evening it will not cause feedback, after the backing track section of the evening turn the speakers to the front, Mic's back on.......Job done .... :D
Derek W Misselbrook.
Derek Misselbrook

Full Real Name: Derek Misselbrook

Postby barryg » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:44 am

That was a good night last night with a lot of players there and it was still going when I left at 11-20 for my 1 hour drive home. The sound was a lot better for the backing tracks this week and that showed in everyone's performance especially as we were competing against the football on TV for a while.

Thanks Geoff, Jakey and the band.

See you all again in 3 weeks and a day on Thursday 7 March.

Barry
barryg

Return to South Coast