SCSC - THE FIRST 9 YEARS 31/10!!

We are a small but friendly Club that started late 2003 - we have all the right Amps / Echos / Pedals and Backing Tracks - we play in a Musicians' Pub in Waterlooville every 3 weeks - we welcome everyone with the same interest in keeping the Shads music going!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Geffers

SCSC - THE FIRST 9 YEARS 31/10!!

Postby Geffers » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 pm

I have just realised John and myself have a 9th Birthday to celebrate at the end of October - which equates to roughly 150 Nights of Shads music.

I guess we have been at The Heroes pub with Landlord Tony and Assistant Manager Sam for about 5 of those years. Players and people may come and go but it just seems to be more popular than past years. It is great to see a full pub enjoying whoever is playing and each others company. A big big thanks to everyone past and present who without you being there would not be so much fun.

Although we follow the B/T's and Band routine - their is always someone who has learnt a new tune or two (you know who you are)!!

May the freindship and music contine and see you on the 31/10.
Geffers
Geffers

Full Real Name: Geoff Bearpark

Re: SCSC - THE FIRST 9 YEARS 31/10!!

Postby barryg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Goeff,

It's been a pleasure to have been with you and the others for many of those years now and a lot of us have progressed in our guitar playing along the way. Several of us go back to the early days when the club was at The Fountain in Rowlands Castle and now at The Heroes at Waterloovile

Thanks to you and Jakey for providing the facilities and setting things up every time and giving us the opportunity to play there. It's always great night and it's good to meet new players that turn up. Long may the club continue.

Barry
barryg

Full Real Name: Barry Gillam

Postby Fiesta red » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Looking forward to the next meeting (Halloween). New paint job,carpets and curtains. Great music,friends and atmosphere....Can't get much better! Thanks to Geoff,Jakey and the band for keeping it all going. Ken..
Fiesta red

Full Real Name: Ken Bowler

Postby Derek Misselbrook » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 pm

This sounds like a nice club that I ought to join........... :D
Derek W Misselbrook.
Derek Misselbrook

Full Real Name: Derek Misselbrook

Postby Geffers » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks guys for your kind words, I suppose we never thought that it would last this long!!

Its the people that keep coming and wanting to play at whatever level that make the evening what it is. (It feels as though you are playing with friends ) which of course you are.
It never ceases to amaze me just how many grown men can don a guitar and start playing to keep the music of our heros the Shads going.

Their will always be things that change - but the Shads music will never die!

See you on the 31/10.
Geffers
Geffers

Postby Bob Withrington » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 am

Many congratulations to the South Coast Shadows Club on reaching your 9th Birthday.

You have developed a truly winning formula which keeps us all coming back for more, every three weeks.

Have a ball next Wednesday, which sadly I will miss due to being away on holiday.

Cheers,

Bob
Bob Withrington

Postby Squier Ken » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Happy 9th birthday guys & gals!

I have very fond memories of my time at SCSC, at both The Fountain and The Heroes. Great music, with a great bunch of musicians, and undoubtedly the inspiration to start the West of Wales Club after I moved here. Keep up the good work!

Ken
Squier Ken

Postby Geffers » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Hi Ken

Good To Hear from you, If we go West on our hols maybe we can time it when you have a meeting.

Cheers
Geffers
Geffers

Return to South Coast