Hankies- decision time re. move

The Staffordshire Hankies are now meeting at Great Wyrley Working Men's Club. Situated in....believe it or not, Great Wyrley. We meet most Tuesdays but check calendar!

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes, Amanda

Re: Hankies- decision time re. move

Postby ecca » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:29 pm

keithmantle wrote:
ecca wrote:Too right Mandarama.
What useless business men you are.
My answer is no, it's first offer and has come very quickly.
If that's their best shot then count me out.

Hear Hear Ecc

Hear hear Keith.
ecca

Postby alanbakewell » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:26 pm

ecca wrote:Too right Mandarama.
What useless business men you are.
My answer is no, it's first offer and has come very quickly.
If that's their best shot then count me out.

In your haste to put someone to death, ( probably by hanging ),
it has, I feel, escaped your notice that the approach to the committee
was an exploratory meeting. I.E. I'll go and see what they have in mind
at the same time taking the opportunity to establish what their attitude
is to a decrease in the rent.
It is common, is it not, to start negotiations with a higher figure than the
one that might actually be acceptable?

Having established a starting point, the only direction for the rent to go now
is down. But hey, what would a useless businessman know about such things?

If folks don't want these negotiations to continue, I will gladly tell the committee
that we will no longer be using the facility and the Hankies can move to an alternative venue.

I'd like a straw poll either by e-mail or whatever medium is available. It is, after all, your club.

I'm for staying at Great Wyrley. My opinion, ( and it is only my opinion until someone tells me otherwise ),
is that we probably won't find a better room in the vicinity.

We have no problems with upsetting neighbours with volume. Possibly not the case with alternative venues.

The drinks are a reasonable price. Possibly not the case with alternative venues.

There's room to swing a cat. Possibly not the case with alternative venues.

I could go on but I'm afraid I'm a bit pissed off with it now.

You can lose a good venue on a point of principle if you want to. Me? I'd rather carry on talking for as useless as I am.

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby roger bayliss » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:08 pm

I am for keeping Wyrley Alan and I doubt if they will bargain for a lower figure than what they offered. In any case I am not going to ask them twice it is make or break time I feel and £20 it will be. I know it is not ideal but we should keep going a bit longer as it is a great room all to ourselves. I know Gren and Mike Downes are same and Roger 2 and Roger 3. It will be difficult to find a room like that one for free these days.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby neil2726 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 pm

This is getting better than Prime Ministers Question Time! Why not do what the politicians do and hold an Independant Enquiry! :lol:
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby kipper » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 pm

now that the cobb situation is sorted out. can i ask seriouly how much a head £20.00 works out as on a good night when lots of people are there and how much per head on a bad night when turn out is poor. what i`m getting to is cant you each pay a fixed rate each whether you attend of not then if you build up a surplus fund that could fund or help fund bad nights. only an idea. peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby neil2726 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 pm

You could offer to pay the club £1 per head addmission! Some times they will win sometimes they will loose!
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby keithmantle » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:38 am

I prefer Gt W to the saddlers (i think everyone does)although further to travel, i like the idea of paying £1 admission per member(would prefer the old system free room and do them a couple of free gigs/year), can't do any harm to ask then it doesn't cost extra when a small turnout, thanks Al for the negotiations and Ecca for the alternative venue.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Stratpicker » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:56 am

I finally managed to drag my lazy backside to Hankies for the first time in ages. :roll:
The Saddlers is a nice venue if a bit small. The Landlord and Lady :o were nice people and they and the punters didnt seem to mind the noise (such as it was) we were making.
The advantage with GWWMC is that we can do much as we please there and we are not restricted on amount of backline gear or volume or how many cobs we can throw :lol: . It would be good to think that we can get down to £1 a head but how would they measure it as we come and go at different times in the night? :?:
What about playing the Saddlers on the non-GWWMC night and then again two weeks later and so on the other two weeks we can go to GWWMC? That would reduce the overall cost per month to a reasonable level. Just a thought.
cheers
ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Postby bob t » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:20 am

Stratpicker wrote:What about playing the Saddlers on the non-GWWMC night and then again two weeks later and so on the other two weeks we can go to GWWMC? That would reduce the overall cost per month to a reasonable level. Just a thought.
cheers
ian

This might be the best option as it still gives us a fall back if anything changes at GWWMC and it should please everybody
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby Amanda » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 am

I must admit that that thought did occur to me,

It gives us a place on the 4th Tuesday, and also a fall back if things change at GWWMC.

As for negotiations, as Alan pointed out (Thanks Alan for being the contact man) they throw their offer
then we counter offer, 15 quid would do it for me..

But the idea of fortnightly meetings alternately at the two venues also has merit as I see it!

But I think the £1 a head idea is a non starter as far as the club is concerned..
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

PreviousNext

Return to Staffordshire