Music score Thing me Jig

Information for live music players

Music score Thing me Jig

Postby Eric Clacton » 14 Jan 2017, 18:05

Hi, Thank you for allowing me onto the site.
I run a music group for the local U3A club in Clacton and one of our musicians is an accomplished lead guitarist and has played in a Shadows Tribute group. We would like to play Thing me Jig. Well, he can, no bother but I need the music score so I can accompany him on my mandolin. I have spent quite a bit of time on the internet looking for the score but with no success. Can anybody help please?
Regards
Eric
Eric Clacton

Re: Music score Thing me Jig

Postby Iain Purdon » 14 Jan 2017, 19:40

Can anyone help?
Iain Purdon
site organiser
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Postby Stratpicker » 14 Jan 2017, 22:49

I think that any sheet music (if it ever existed) has long been deleted.
You can get a good TAB for it from Tony Clout - http://www.tabman.co.uk/Ian-McCutcheons ... E-JIG.Html
but of course it isnt sheet music and I dont know if you can follow it using a mandolin.
HTH
Ian
Stratpicker

Postby Eric Clacton » 16 Jan 2017, 11:40

Hi Stratpicker, thanks for that. I will get a copy of the guitar tab and transpose it, but that shouldn't take long.
Eric Clacton

Postby chef du gare » 09 Jul 2017, 15:21

I down loaded this tab and music score from .Tony Clout Tablature. You can find his email address from Ian McCutcheon's web site. If Ian McCutcheon has made a Shadows work out recording of a number - Tony will have the Tab and Music for it.

I am trying to get my band to play it but the key boards and rhythm are struggling - its not easy - any of it!!

Regards

Roger Phillips
chef du gare

Return to Chords, Tabs, Sheet Music and Lyrics