Mountains of the Moon

Information about availability of backing tracks

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, George Geddes

Mountains of the Moon

Postby clivea » 04 Dec 2020, 22:56

Could anyone know where I can obtain a decent backing track for’Mountains of the Moon’.
I have searched but can’t find any close to the Final Tour version.

Clive
clivea

Re: Mountains of the Moon

Postby anniv 63 » 08 Dec 2020, 13:18

Try Leosden Direct for Shadows Workout 6 also I think The VHBL who regularly post on the sound files
section here have a version, not quite sure if either is the Final Tour rendition.

Mike
anniv 63

Postby JimN » 08 Dec 2020, 15:56

anniv 63 wrote:Try Leosden Direct for Shadows Workout 6 also I think The VHBL who regularly post on the sound files
section here have a version, not quite sure if either is the Final Tour rendition.

Mike

Just in case there is any doubt about this, all versions of Mountains Of The Moon are essentially identical. They are based on the same backing track, first used for Brian Bennett's Mountains In The Sky on the Bruton Music library CD "Airscapes", BRN24 (1990). The Shadows' recorded version has the same basic track with (obviously) different lead instruments substituted for Brian's synths. The "live" version is only partly live (mainly Hank's guitar, plus some extra drums and synth sounds). A commercial backing track, assuming it is well executed, will suit any of the above three (or is it only two?) versions.
JimN

Postby bob t » 08 Dec 2020, 20:00

Try Peter Korvings BT site, it's on there
bob t

Postby clivea » 09 Dec 2020, 20:49

Thanks guys, I appreciate your response.
clivea

Return to Backing Tracks