RIP Jim Tully

Anything about people who are not Shadows members

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

RIP Jim Tully

Postby GuitarPhil » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:15 pm

The NI Shadows Club is sad to announce that “Gentleman” Jim Tully succumbed to his illness on Friday evening. Jim was a founder member of the NI Shadows Club and will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

image.jpg
image.jpg (33.68 KiB) Viewed 6455 times

Attached is a link to a home recording recently made of Jim (on lead guitar) and friends playing “Tonight”, as mixed by Steve Mitchell and recorded using an Echotapper optimised as per Steve’s instructions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9vdq67zfjrfmwn/tonight1project%20eq-d-haas%20%281%29.mp3
GuitarPhil

Full Real Name: Philip Hawthorne

Re: RIP Jim Tully

Postby des mcneill » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi Philip,
Thank you for posting this for me. Jim was a very dear friend and one of the most likable people you could ever meet, as you know yourself.
Jim was also an ardent supporter of the club and this plus his music became of increasing importance to him as his illness developed.
We will all miss him beyond words.

Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby jxmmusic » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:31 pm

I Have Known Jim Tully from around the 1980s when we both worked in Short Brothers Belfast, And got to know him more
over the Years, A real nice Genuine Man that I can say I was Proud to have known, I remember him telling me once that he had Sent his Beloved Strat over to England to get
re-fretted and a few days later the luthier rang him up, and asked him was he Mad! lol what are you thinking off sending this Guitar Uninsured or maybe it was Underinsured i can't recall, When he told jim the Value of his Beloved Strat
he said he Near fell of the Chair, Although a real Serious kinda Guy, he made me Laugh at that.. I will miss ya gentleman Jim....
jxmmusic

Postby jxmmusic » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Des, Just to thank you and Philip for the nice warm Tribute to gentleman Jim Tully and I really appreciate the MP3 track..
Cheers JOHN.........
jxmmusic

Postby EricB » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Jusy found out about Jim via Bernard O'Hara very sad to here the news of his passing a great loss indeed to the N I Shadows Club. Jim was a great guitar player and always had a smile on his face.
EricB

Return to People