Bass Player needed

Anything to do with bass guitars, bass players and other bass related subjects

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bass Player needed

Postby JimTidmarsh » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:17 am

We are The Corsairs, playing the instrumental hits of our youth. Not just Shadows but also Ventures, Dakotas, Fentones, Spotniks, Bert Weedon, Duane Eddy etc.

I'm on lead, my son Ian is on rhythm and Tony is the drummer, BUT having advertised for a suitable bass player we have been unlucky. Two applicants both dropped out at the last minute saying the music was too hard to play (!) and we had a rehearsal last night with a guitarist mate sitting in (I even had to lend him my bass) who did a pretty good impression of Eric Morcambe - most of the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

SO - if anyone in Essex is interested please send me a PM. We are based in South Woodham Ferrers/Maldon/Canvey Island and rehearse in a studio between Hullbridge and Rayleigh.
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Re: Bass Player needed

Postby Iain Purdon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Difficult one. There are a number of Shads bass players on this site scattered across the land and many of us know each other through this site, which has always been a great forum. Some travel fair distances for club meets so I'm sure one of us could travel to rehearse with you. I'd give it a go if I was free. The problem lies with making it regular and doing gigs, when you need someone local who is also the right person and willing to commit. I do wish you luck with it, as finding players for older material is always so much harder.

Do you all go to any clubs?
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Postby Paulps » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:45 am

Sorry, too far for me! Good luck.
Paulps

Postby bassboogie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:35 am

Hi,

Sorry too far for me too, but I used to live in Essex, now a foreigner in Cornwall. What about an Essex girl bass player ? Charlotte Cooper (Subways) is from your neck of the woods. She is a stunning bass player and has a gorgeous voice etc etc. Not suggesting her as it's a long shot but there must be another out there. You could change your name to the Corsetts (don't forget to register it on this site). I'm surprised that you are having difficulty finding a bass player in my old county. An ad in the Evening Echo or guitar shop should do the trick. I wish you well and let us know how you get on.

Regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Postby JimTidmarsh » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 am

I've had 4 responses thruogh two websites I've advertised on - Partysounds and Join My Band - and have a bassist lined up that seems to fit the bill.

Only problem now is that I've suffered a minor stroke & the whole project is on hold until I can pick up my guitar again!!!!

C'est la vie!
JimTidmarsh

Full Real Name: Jim Tidmarsh

Postby bassboogie » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:16 am

Hi Jim,

Very sorry to hear about your health and I'm sure I speak for us all in wishing you a swift recovery. Keep us posted.

Kind regards, Luigi
bassboogie

Full Real Name: Luigi Ciapparelli

Postby Paulps » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Jim
I hope that you recover quickly and fully, so that you can play (in your band!) with your new bassist soon.
Good luck.
Paulps

Postby Iain Purdon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 am

What a pig. So sorry to hear that Jim. I hope they can rewire you to make the playing work again swiftly.

Iain
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Return to Bass and Bass Players