Best sound card?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Best sound card?

Postby Hank2k » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi All

I have recently purchased a new pc for recording some shads stuff however using adobe recording software the sound is delayed my playing to the backing. The pc says its the sound card, is this right and if so what sound card should i get for recording?

Thanks
Hank2k

Re: Best sound card?

Postby tony parnham » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:35 am

One of the most extensively used sound cards for recording, and has been around for a while now is the M-Audio 24/96 which has Analog/Digital and Midi in and outs. It also supports Asio Drivers which will eliminate your latency. You can find them at around £40 to £50. The other option is the external and I'm sure some members will point you in the right direction on this.
Tony
tony parnham

Full Real Name: Tony Parnham

Postby Twang46 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Tony's right about the 24/96 Steve. It's a great card, not just for recording but an ex all-rounder.
I'm sure I have a spare one "in the cupboard" if you are interested pm me for the details etc...

Cheers

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby BarryH » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:58 pm

+1 on the M-Audio 24/96.

Cheers
Barry
BarryH

Postby PeterV » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm using the Marian Trace Alpha sound card for my DAW and the old Digigram VX222 sound studio card in my Internet-PC.

The Marian Trace Alpha is a modern soundcard with an onboard DSP Mixer allowing latency-free mixing of all signals to several stereo sums as well as the latency-free monitoring and routing of all inputs to all outputs. Thus perfect monitor mixes can be set up quickly and played back on any output. The mixer can be configured optically - all inputs/outputs and many mixer sections can be either shown or hidden. All audio-, routing- and layout settings are easy to save and load within session files (total recall). The Mixer offers 20 channels (8 x internal Playback, 8 x TDM Input, 4 x physical Input) and - depending from the used samplerate - up to four individual stereo sums. If you need more channels you can build a multicard environment including TDM-SyncBus (4 soundcards)

http://www.marian.de/en/products/trace_alpha

-Piet
PeterV

Return to Gear