Wireless Instrument Systems

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Wireless Instrument Systems

Postby Didier » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:09 am

dobroman wrote:I finished up going for the T.BONE TWS 16GT 863 Mhz from http://www.thomann.de.
If anybody is interested I will post some sort of review when it arrives and I've had a play.

It would be interesting to have a review, as it's less expensive than the AKG and Samson models.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Paulps » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:40 am

Hi
This is probably a stupid question, but I am a non-techno. :oops:
Can these be used for Bass Guitars, or does one need a different type of unit for the bass?
:?: :?: :?:
Paulps

Postby Didier » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 am

Paulps wrote:Hi
This is probably a stupid question, but I am a non-techno. :oops:
Can these be used for Bass Guitars, or does one need a different type of unit for the bass?
:?: :?: :?:

Any wireless system for guitar will work with a bass, there is no special model for bass, and there is no need for it.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby stagetech » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 am

I purchased a T.bone system, it gives the option to change channels -up to 16!
It is pure simplicity and looks great.

Yes there is a (But) coming.

But There are you happy?

I have had problems with mine. It worked, sort of, when it first arrived, but was a little crackely. Then it simply did not work at all. returned to Thoman. repaired and returned to me, when switched on I had a persistent Hiss/Fizz from the amp which was even louder when the strings were touched. even without playing a note.

returned to Thoman, they replaced the jack plug on the transmitter. This improved the sound, but then after a day or so, no sound at all. returned to Thoman. Receiver repaired. It now works, although you have to be careful with the gain on the amp, and there is still a small hiss when you touch the strings. yesterday I had to plug it in twice before it would transmit, so another problem developing.

I wish you luck with yours, but my advise would be. Buy the best you can afford. Quality is better than price or the number of channels.

I am not at all impressed with the T.bone system. But I was very impressed with Thoman. Rapid repair and return. very helpfull.
Ian
stagetech

Postby RUSSET » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

I have had no trouble whatsoever with my AKG bug in 3 years. The transmitter jack swivels to accommodate most jack socket types & a Duracell AAA battery lasts a really long time in it (would guess over 6 hours). Just look after it : don't jam it into the support of a guitar stand; don't just sling it in with all your cables etc. at the end of a gig. I keep the bug in a hard plastic box, & the receiver in a padded bag, along with the mains transformer.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby dobroman » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi Ian,

I must say you worried me when I read your post, my unit had arrived but I hadn't got an adaptor, so I couldn't try it.

Anyway, the adaptor has now turned up, plugged it in and it worked perfectly. I know it is early days, but there was no adjustments need, sounds good, in fact, everything I hoped it would be. I agree with you that cheapness isn't everything, and you can catch a cold. Your experience sounded like some sort of nightmare, I can only think that you got the dreaded Friday afternoon unit.

I hope your problems have resolved themselves.

Regards

Brian
dobroman

Full Real Name: Brian Ford

Postby stagetech » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi Brian,
Glad yours works fine. As for mine, it has developed the dreaded hiss again. I thought it may be an insulation problem with the guitar, so tried two others. Same result.

Thought it could be the amp, but tried using a lead from the guitar and no problems.

Guess I did get a Friday afternoon model.

Ian :cry:
stagetech

Previous

Return to Gear