Zoom RFX-2000

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Zoom RFX-2000

Postby Paulps » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:02 am

Can anybody tell me what a fair price is for a Zoom RFX-2000 fitted with EFTP?
There are 2 on e-bay at the moment, one at £155.05 (finishing this pm) and one just started at £50.00.
:?:
Paulps

Re: Zoom RFX-2000

Postby Didier » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:56 am

The fair price is the one you are ready to spend !

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby RUSSET » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 pm

I have one myself, Paul, & they are great units. I would say that around £150 is probably a fair second-hand price, if it is in good working condition. You need some sort of signal booster between your guitar & the unit for best results. Either an overdrive pedal or a compressor pedal will do fine. Charlie used to give away a Zoom O/D pedal with them when he sold them.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Didier » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:08 pm

RUSSET wrote:You need some sort of signal booster between your guitar & the unit for best results.

That's because the RFX 2000 doesn't an input with a suitable impedance for direct guitar connection. Any device which can be used as a guitar peamp can do the job. An active effect pedal is likely to do the job, even with the effect off. I guess that a wireless guitar transmitter would also work.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby OLDEREK » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 pm

I must point out here , that if you put some kind of signal booster between your Guitar and a RFX 2000 /2002 you must plug in the rear of it, plug in the front only direct from Guitar. IMO the unit works fine without any kind of booster, most players plug in the front and are happy with the
E F T P Echos..........As for the free o/d pedal give away, that was only with the early units that Charlie Hall sold because the they came free to him, but Zoom stopped them after a while........ :D
OLDEREK

Postby Paulps » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks to all for the advice. I missed out on the first one, but will try for the second.
Paulps

Postby Stratpicker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi Paul - You've seen my rig a few times. I run my 2000EFTP straight into the VOX VT60. I have never had the OUTPUT knob above 50% for Club use.
I use the FRONT input, not the rear. The tone from the Send-Receive loop, for some inconcievable reason is poor compared to the so-called "Mic" socket input so I stopped doing that many moons ago.
That front socket though, is in my opinion the Achilles Heel of the unit. Its not supported internally so wobbles about a bit. Make sure you use good jack plugs, like Neutrik so that it makes a good connection. The other thing to check is that the UP - DOWN sequencing buttons are not sticking. They can flick out easily enough but its the last thing you want at a Gig when just changing echoes.
I reckon £150 is a reasonable price. Can the Seller verify is it GENUINE EFTP and not a rip-off because Charlie will not re-program your unit if it goes funny if it isn't?
cheers
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Return to Gear