Gold Plating on Guitars

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Gold Plating on Guitars

Postby bagsy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi there, I am new to this forum, but have been asked many times to join it, so here I am. My aim is to help anyone with questions regarding plating of their guitar hardware. A recent Gold plated Fender Stratocaster can be seen on the front page of this website http://www.gold-2u.co.uk that has recently been done. It is unique and possibly the only one like it in the world. My main job, here is to help people with the care of the hardware, and if gold is accidentally rubbed off, it is not the end of the world. The most difficult hardware I tend to come across is that of Ibanez from the eighties, this tends to be pretty poor and usually a zinc cast full of flaking and pitting. Generally, the gold plating that is applied to guitars tends to be a little on the thin side and this can be a reason why there is so many out there with it missing. Some guitarist tend to be frightened to polish these items for fear of it coming off and on the other hand some just leave the hardware to get a little manky. It is whatever floats your boat I presume. If I can be of any assistance, please respond to this forum where I will be more than happy to help. Regards, Bagsy
bagsy

Re: Gold Plating on Guitars

Postby BarryH » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Hi Bagsy,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

If we want parts gold plating, is there a minimum value for the order before the work can be done?

Cheers
Barry
BarryH

Postby OLDEREK » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Here is one I done earlier....... :D . http://shadowmusic.bdme.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=787
OLDEREK

Postby bagsy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Hi Barry, normally there is a minimum charge of £35.00 + postage. However I am a little generous to guitarist and don't hold a hard and fast rule on that. Just remember to let me know where you found me & I will do my best to help anyone out.

Cheers,

Bagsy
bagsy

Postby phil kelly » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Good to see Graham from Gold 2 u on the site, he is a great guy , very professional and i totally recommend him , ive had work done by him and it is of the highest standard. Recently i took one of Alan Jones precision basses along to be plated and the end result was nothing short of stunning, pricing is very reasonable and turnaround fairly prompt, so if you need anything done give him a call, you will be glad you did,
Phil.
phil kelly

Full Real Name: phil kelly

Postby bagsy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:41 am

A little more on that golden guitar and you can see my ugly mugshot too....lol
http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news ... en_guitar/

Bagsy
bagsy

Return to Gear