Custom Shop 56 NOS

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Custom Shop 56 NOS

Postby Tab » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:12 am

Can anybody tell me which pickups are fitted as standard to the 56 NOS?

Thanks,
Terry
Tab

Full Real Name: Terry Bryant

Re: Custom Shop 56 NOS

Postby alanbakewell » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:05 am

I'm pretty sure the pickups on mine are Custom Shop 50's. ( It's been more than a week ). :lol:

I've been searching for the blurb I had off the Fender Europe Rep. When I find it I'll confirm but I'm 99% sure that's what's on it.

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby Tab » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks Alan - I heard Brian's (Dandridge) yesterday and was impressed.
Tab

Postby bassgod » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:34 am

Depends which version of the CS56 you buy as there are quite a few incarnations. Most have Custom 50's P/ups but there are some limited editions produced with Vintage noiseless P/ups and a few with Abigail Ybarra Hand Wounds.

Andy
bassgod

Postby BrianD » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:15 am

I don't think mine are anything extra special 8-) . Mine is the guitar Terry referred to as he came round yesterday to compare his new TVS echo with my Q2 plugged through a Blackstar 30watt tube amp. I had my 56NOS and my 62 Relic whilst he brought round his 57 reissue. We both noticed the difference between all three guitars.

By the way, whilst I am very happy with my Q2 and aren't about to change it :D , I was VERY impressed by the TVS :sick: . I thought the Q2 was very good but the TVS was quite exceptional (http://www.tvsspecialtyproducts.com/) :clap: , We both played through each echo unit to a selection of BTs including Gonzales, Golden Street, and Sleepwalk and it was interesting to compare both the echos and the sounds of the guitar's pick-ups. I think the outcome was Terry wanted my pick-ups and I wanetd his echo!! :mrgreen:

Brian
BrianD

Full Real Name: Brian Dandridge

Postby keithmantle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi Terry, i have a teambuilt 56 NOS and it has c/s 50's single coil pups these are standard on 56's. keith
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Tab » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks Keith - I'm now sure that Brian's guitar has CS 50s but I played another yesterday fitted with Fender Vintage Noiseless. Both guitars sounded very good.

thanks for your comments.

kind regards
Tab

Postby noelford » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:32 pm

I recently acquired a 2008 Custom Shop Yuri Shishkov Masterbuilt NOS '56 with Abigail Ybarra Hand Wounds, and I have to tell you it is absolutely FANTASTIC!
noelford

Postby asimmd » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:07 pm

My NOS 56 has C/S 50's fitted,they are superb.

I was thinking of getting an NOS 59 with the Ybarra
pickups in it but,I am put off as I can't try the guitar before buying.

Any comments?

Alan
asimmd

Full Real Name: Alan Sim

Postby MagicOurMorris » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 am

I have a Custom Shop 56 NOS Reissue Special Edition strat which is fitted with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. The sound I get when using the bridge pickup on all strings apart from 1st E is IMHO a good authentic sound etc, however the sound from the 1st E string has always been very thin/treble/tinny when played above 12th fret. I have just taken the guitar to a recomended reputable guitar technician, only to be told that one of the main reasons for the thin sounding E string is that the position of the E string pickup pole piece is way off line and as a consequence the E string totally misses passing over the magnet. The strange thing is, that all the other strings sit quite centrally over their respective pole pieces, and no such problem can been seen with the neck and middle pickups. It's like the manufactured spacing of the magnet holes in the bridge pickup are slightly out of line, with the 1st E pole spacing being affected more than the other five hole etc. Has anyone else noticed this on their guitar?
I am extremely dissapointed that Fender can/would supply a guitar with an error such as this, even more so with it being a custom shop model costing around £2400. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any knowledge as to the reason for the offset pole piece on 56 NOS Fender strat, is this the norm, could it be something that is only found with Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups?? or is my situation a unique one off?
Best Regards
Keith.
MagicOurMorris

Full Real Name: Keith Sayles

Next

Return to Gear