Bugera Valve amps

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bugera Valve amps

Postby neil2726 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Anyone have any experience of The Bugera V55 and V22 valve amps? They seem good value for money!
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Re: Bugera Valve amps

Postby Didier » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 am

neil2726 wrote:Anyone have any experience of The Bugera V55 and V22 valve amps? They seem good value for money!

I have a friend who bought a Bugera V22 amp from Thomann around one year ago, and is quite happy with it. I have heard it at meetings and it sounds OK for Shadows' music.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby dave robinson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Bugera, an unfortunate choice of name for . . . . . anything - don't you think ? 8-)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Didier » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm

dave robinson wrote:Bugera, an unfortunate choice of name for . . . . . anything - don't you think ? 8-)

Sure that "bug era" is not likely to inspire confidence on products reliablity ! ;)

Didier
Didier

Postby dave robinson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Didier wrote:
dave robinson wrote:Bugera, an unfortunate choice of name for . . . . . anything - don't you think ? 8-)

Sure that "bug era" is not likely to inspire confidence on products reliablity ! ;)

Didier

Not my original train of thought - but relevant. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Bugera BC30 212 is fairly close in sound to an AC30 but not quite as full sounding I understand. Utube have examples to listen too. I think Behringher have something to do with these as they used to have them listed on their site for a while and their products are not always reliable but are cheap and good value.

How about these British made amps then ? anyone tried them ? Some are hand wired I believe.

http://www.haydenamps.com/products/#classic-series

Cotton Club 30 and 15 look nice EL84 amps
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Didier » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:30 pm

roger bayliss wrote:I think Behringher have something to do with these

That's right, Behringer and Bugera are part of the same group. They have their own factory in China, which explains the prices.

Didier
Didier

Postby dave robinson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:12 pm

It's possible that these Bugera amps are great sounding etc, but as one who has tried several different valve amps - boutique and otherwise, I have to concede that Vox was always the answer for Shadows music, followed by Fender (Blues DeVille in my case) and Mesa Boogie Mk III. The ones that I bought and tried were all eventually sold as I returned to the Vox - lesson learned. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Graylion » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Roger, they sound alright on their website samples but they have cheated with a touch of added reverb on amps which don't have it built-in! There's a very handy ex-demo Cotton Club 7/15 on eBay at present for £399. I like the controls on this and the 15/30 as well as the dual-output switching. Unfortunately there's no dealer within at least an hour's drive from me! I'll just settle for my Vox AC15 TV Heritage for now! :D Thanks for pointing us towards them.
Cheers, Lionel
roger bayliss wrote:Bugera BC30 212 is fairly close in sound to an AC30 but not quite as full sounding I understand. Utube have examples to listen too. I think Behringher have something to do with these as they used to have them listed on their site for a while and their products are not always reliable but are cheap and good value.

How about these British made amps then ? anyone tried them ? Some are hand wired I believe.

http://www.haydenamps.com/products/#classic-series

Cotton Club 30 and 15 look nice EL84 amps
Graylion

Postby roger bayliss » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Stick with the Heritage Lionel :)
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Next

Return to Gear