GUITAR RACK. SHEFFIELD SHOW.

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: GUITAR RACK. SHEFFIELD SHOW.

Postby bob t » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi. It sure did Alan/Paul I just need someone who is going to one of the remaining shows to confirm what I saw. The very short view/shot, showing the guitar rack, is about halfway through the opening film/sound presentation just before the stage lights come on for Cliff and the Shads.
Regards Geoff.

Hi Geoff

There was a video on you tube of the beginning which showed that shot but can't remember how clear it was but might be worth a search

Bob T
bob t

Full Real Name: Robert Timmins

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 am

Hi all . Good morning. I did find it Bob and the clip starts well into the film so the rack is not included. Never mind hopefully someone will spot it during the last few shows. What the clip does show is at the changeover from tape to live, the big bang, Dublin didnt quite get it right. Hank and Mark didnt have their guitars in place. The big bang came about three/four seconds to soon. I think Cliff realised this and turned away from the audience. Sheffield got it spot on with Cliff and the Shads starting right on Q. Bob thanks for pointing me to the you tube film its very interesting. Just goes to show even the pro's get their timing wrong, sometimes.
Regards GEOFF
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

There are a couple of pictures in the Tour Brochure of rehearsals and a couple of racks can be seen, but no Antoria in them.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Hi all. Very well spotted Alan. No Antoria in sight. Looks like I have to wait for the DVD or a second sighting before the weekend.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby George Geddes » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:14 pm

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the "Antoria" is there in the rack seen in the video - didn't look at the headstock but saw a wee bit of the body peeping out.

Wasn't used in the show, though...

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:29 am

Hi and good morning. George thats the best news I have had this week, well spotted. I hope it shows up on the DVD. Thank you.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Hi all. Well I got the DVD today and just finished playing it through and as everyone has said on other threads its great. Its also got the Antoria in the guitar rack so I didnt imagine it.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby bgohara » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Geoff - I'm pretty sure what you see is either the Scotsman strat (as Alan said) or the Burns 12 string. I know what you mean - it LOOKS a little like an antoria - but I'm pretty sure the rack contains only these two guitars and the two red strats (as well as two acoustics). There would also be no reason for them to have an antoria in the rack. Of course, I could be wrong!
Bernie
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby AlanMcKillop » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:35 pm

I had a look at the DVD and I'm not sure either, I'll have another look and maybe take some stills to check it again.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Amanda » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 pm

Hi,

I must be seeing things as well because I saw an Antoria in the
video at the NIA.

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda