GUITAR RACK. SHEFFIELD SHOW.

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: GUITAR RACK. SHEFFIELD SHOW.

Postby David Martin » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 am

Could this be the prototype of the Burns reissue? (Like the Apache 12 string...)
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:13 am

Hi all. Rumour has it that it was the second prototype that was used, but it is only a rumour.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby dave robinson » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:40 am

Just to comment on the original thread. I too spotted the Antoria on my video yesterday. :)
The Double Six sounded nothing like the original on any of the tracks. :(
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby bgohara » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:58 pm

See guitar rack from o2. No antoria.
Bernie
Attachments
DSC03003(1).JPG
(462.02 KiB) Downloaded 8147 times
bgohara

Full Real Name: Bernard O'Hara

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi Bernie. The guitar rack with the Antoria in it is at the begining of the show on the big screen as part of the build up. Its not Hanks rack as used by the guitar tec during the show. Good picture though Bernie was it taken from your seat in the o2?
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby bgohara » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:42 am

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi Bernie. The guitar rack with the Antoria in it is at the begining of the show on the big screen as part of the build up. Its not Hanks rack as used by the guitar tec during the show. Good picture though Bernie was it taken from your seat in the o2?
Regards Geoff.

Geoff - sorry - not trying to be a smartass. Will check it out!!
I was in 404 block on the Saturday - and while I was expecting to be far away I wasn't expecting my view to be obscured by the speakers. So I complained just before the interval and got moved to just beside the stage. Took this during the interval.
It was fantastic to be there during the filming of the DVD - I think it's a really great memento which I will treasure!
Bernie
bgohara

Postby bgohara » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Guys - I stand corrected. I'm not an Antoria expert - but there is definitely one of those (or something like it) behind the burns on the film at the start of the DVD. Weird!

Just adding to that - I saw a couple of shows at the very start of the tour. I could be wrong (my memory is deteriorating!) but in the film at the start of the first couple of shows - it showed Hank (or Hank minus his head) playing the Burns - whereas by the time of the o2 show, this scene had been replaced by one with the strat (which is what it shows on the DVD).

Like I say, I could be wrong - but something tells me that they changed it - there may have been one or two other subtle changes in that film at the start of the tour as well...but it is almost 2 months ago!
Bernie
bgohara

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Bernie. No problem after all it is only a very short clip, very easy to miss and anyone not familiar with the LG50 Antoria wouldn't give it a second thought.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Previous

Return to Gear